New Orleans

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAXXIMUM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey brothers, my wife and I are flying to New Orleans tomorrow for some much needed R & R. I'm looking for some suggestions for stuff to do and places to eat that are not in any of the tourist guides. I like to get down and dirty so if it has to do with bayou and bayou critters I'm in.

Christian

I've been known to frequent the French Quarter when I'm in that area Bro. Tons of Jazz
places and sights not seen in many other places. Good food everywhere. Safe trip to ya.
Steve-o

Baton rouge, and surrounding areas are flooded. New Orleans is in Orleans Parish.

Go have a good time on Bourbon street.

Deanie's Seafood Restaurant - I prefer the one out on the lake to the one in the quarter. Locals go for an Ice cold schooner of beer with a seafood platter.

Drago's- try the charbroiled oysters. (Fat City if possible)

Acme Oyster Bar, Cochon, Mulate's, Mothers (breakfast), half dozen places on Magazine but start out at Stein's Market & Deli (Casamento's is closed in the summer), Lunch at Mandina's, I'm sure more will come to mind as soon as I hit send...

Need to go to Tipitina's so you can say you've been, check the calendar to see whos playing while your there.

What else?

Back