Im a lurker but I have to share a happy story

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwi Chris

Reaction score
I've been lurking on this site now for about 6 months.

I have a 1995 Vmax with only 9000 miles on the clock and it has been a great source of enjoyment for me.

Also have an 1100 Vstar. My distance bike.

Anyway back to the story. I'm just buzzing.

A while back I was in the position to loan some cash to a friend to keep his business going. The business was good. I had faith in my friend and even if I didn't think the business was good he is my friend. I could bring some joy into his life.

He called me this week.Thanks to the loan he was able to keep the business afloat.

He has just been informed that a major deal is going through in the next 30 days and he will be solvent and financially secure.

So he wants to pay me back.

I loaned him 20k to get him thru. He wants to pay it all back plus 10k. I would have been happy if I just got the 20k back.

The biggest buzz was when he also declared that he wants to do something just for me for believing in him.

He knows I love my VMAX and as a thank you he wants to help me with it.

HE HAS ORDERRED A BRAND NEW VMAX 1700 GEN 2 FOR ME. A 2016 MODEL.

Im blown away. Ive been dreaming of this new bike and I wanted something for the 1/4 mile. I have been putting cash aside to get one in a few years.

I was worried that it was too much. After all I only loaned him 20k and he is giving back 30k plus a 30k bike. He informed me that the deal means he gets approx 1.6m and 60k is only a drop. Also helping him at the worst time in his life was worth more than money.

I never did this for money. I was in a position in a bad time in my life to help a friend in a bad time in his. This made me happy.

So I suppose the moral of my little yarn is that KARMA is real. Friendship is forever and helping people always come back to you.

Chris

Congrats to BOTH of you, faith in God and man is a glorious thing!

Treat people right in life and more often then not you will reap the benefits as will they.

Excellent outcome for all involved. Friends that would loan 20k are rare, friends that would actually pay it back, even more so. Great story! Enjoy that new bike.

Awesome story and great to see the hard working, creative, go getters making good things happen! Congrats to you both and I know how grateful you both are for friendship that goes beyond finances. Put some pics of the new bike on the forum when it arrives!!!!

WOW ! great story, and great friends on both sides, congrats and send some pics of the new ride we are all visually stimulated ya know !

Back