Know what your truly buying.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yelp and common sense is your friend. I look at reviews for everything from electronics to places to eat. So many folks seem to be interested in the cheapest of whatever, walmart mentality. Paying twice as much for a quality item is better than replacing a cheap one 3 times.

Items, services and goods should be researched. I'm cheap and watch where every penny goes and I often pay more for quality.

When I have stuff done for me I am overly critical. I don't like things short cutted unless I do it myself and even then it bugs me. Ive seen some differences in the cheaper products vs the more expensive stuff and it's quite the difference.

Sean

Made in America used to be a Standard that people strived for but we've lost that.
People today are accustomed to buying crap and expect to throw it out in a couple years.
I buy quality stuff when I can and it lasts for many, many years.

I try to buy the best I can afford but price isn't necessarily a good guide.

Just do an internet search for a particular product and see how much prices can vary for the same item, from too cheap (beware) to 'HOW much? you're having a laugh' (buyer stupid if pays that price).

User reviews can be helpful particularly if there is sufficient numbers of respondents.

I'll listen to the 'experts' but sometimes they live in a utopian parallel universe.

I've had to learn some lessons myself. Sometimes you hit it right, but usually I get what I pay for. I've been through too many cheap angle grinders. I recently bought a little bit better one with an extra warranty. But, the thing with tools is you want them to just work when you need them. Going to get them replaced when in the middle of a project is no joy. Add in the gas and aggravation and the cheapy wasn't worth it. I had one of those HF inch pound torque wrenches. You can throw them pretty far after using them once. My Mac torque wrench has been reliable for 40 years. But, HF wrenches and sockets aren't a bad buy for the occasional user. Reviews are my friend lately too.
Steve-o

^Makita-going on 37 years and still works perfectly. I loaned it to Drag once and he lost the wrench. I can still push in the lock button to change the wheels though.

Made in America used to be a Standard that people strived for but we've lost that.
People today are accustomed to buying crap and expect to throw it out in a couple years.
I buy quality stuff when I can and it lasts for many, many years.

This store is about 5 minutes from me. He's has steady, strong growth.

http://www.madeinamericastore.com/

The little box labeled "Learn our history" is interesting.

Caveat emptor

People are OK with getting the cheapest crap as long as it works once. We used to want things to last a lifetime. The problem is people, and wanting it now.

Caveat emptor

People are OK with getting the cheapest crap as long as it works once. We used to want things to last a lifetime. The problem is people, and wanting it now.

Amen to all of the above. Greed is the most destructive negative facet of human nature. When it comes to purchasing material goods, it's greed that compels us to buy the cheapest - not only because of the desire to save money (at least initially)- buying the least expensive allows us to buy more - quite often, things we don't need, just want.
Cheers!

Hello gents and ladies!

Through the years things have gotten worse of getting actually a true quality product, either in small or high production items. It just truly blows me away at what crap we have been subject too. Different ideas of quality that some have is nuts. It is like a factory paint job on a car generally are pretty good quality. Then you have the joker down the street that paints cars and sells the dust filled, orange peel shine as excellent quality. So open your eyes when you buy something, do some research and understand what is good and what is bad. Price generally is a good indicator of what you are buying, however is not always the case.

G

Interesting photo---Made in Mexico.

Attachments

• IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 34
And this picture serves what purpose? I may be wrong, and my eyes were once better, but that sure looks like a part made by a forum supporting vendor ?

No it is not from a vendor it is from the one who started this thread and claimed his parts were Made in USA.
He directed this thread at me and i'm proving a point.

No it is not from a vendor it is from the one who started this thread and claimed his parts were Made in USA.
He directed this thread at me and i'm proving a point.

How do you figure this? You read way too much into things.

Please show me where I said the parts were from the USA?

Last edited:
Back