Customs Scoops $90

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now that the gen II has come out, it looks like us first gen owners are gonna start seeing prices drop on the aftermarket parts for our machines! most of these parts look like theyre priced at about half what they were a few years back when i started to mod the 97. now if otec will just follow suit and discount the swingarms, i can finally finish it off.

later odieoh24

I think I warped-into some ancient (in computer terms, anyway) space-time continuum when I tried to view that stuff. Man, I haven't encountered visual downloads that-slow since dial-up and pre-Windows 95!

"Call me when the kid gets a neck!":rofl_200:

They look well-finished, but I would like to see shots of the bare gel-coat parts, I doubt those glossy shots of the Manta tank and the funeral wreath/skull side panels were anything but wet-sanded urethane multiple coat finishes. Ya gotta see what the raw part is to-start. :confused2:

http://www.bikebiz.com.au/products/Rizoma-Proguard-System-Specific-Adaptors.html
http://www.bikebiz.com.au/product_images/w/049/Rizoma_LP011_LB206_GR213__06172_zoom.jpg

Product Description

Rizoma's new Proguard System has been developed over years or research and development by Moto GP teams for the highest performance in aerodynamics.
The unique design is developed to reduce friction on brake and clutch levers caused at high speeds, preventing any unnecessary 'pull' on your levers.
Analyzing the data obtained from the race track, it?s been shown that once the 180 km/h (112 mph) speed is exceeded, both brake and clutch levers undergo frontal pressure caused by the air resistance. This results in a value variation up to 0.7-0.8 bar (10.2-11.6 psi) in the hydraulic system and leads to brake wear and clutch slippage.
*Adaptors are sold for 1 single side only, please purchase 2 if buying left and right side Proguard System.

Analyzing the data obtained from the race track, it?s been shown that once the 180 km/h (112 mph) speed is exceeded, both brake and clutch levers undergo frontal pressure caused by the air resistance. This results in a value variation up to 0.7-0.8 bar (10.2-11.6 psi) in the hydraulic system and leads to brake wear and clutch slippage.

Not sure if I'm falling for that. Hard to imagine that the force of wind on the levers causes them to activate at all.

Back