Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Newbie here, just saying hi.

Hey folks... New to this site but I have been a VMOA member for a few months and a Vmax owner for just over a year... I bought a 2006 and made it my own this last winter... It's not quite done but close.

I have ridden for quite a few years and bought the Vmax as my cruiser...:clapping: :whistlin:

Here's a couple (poor quality) pics of my rides as they are today...

I will be at Thunder this year so hope to see ya'll there and meet some new friends...

VMOA member# 4750

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments

• 100_2112.jpg
    100_2112.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 22

what kind of rear tire is that on your max?

That is the last Avon tire I will ever buy... :whistlin: :bang head:

Avon Azaros front and rear...

17" back and 18" front.

Interesting, before I went to radials, I used Avons and like them. I haven't tried their radial tires though.

Interesting, before I went to radials, I used Avons and like them. I haven't tried their radial tires though.

The edge of the tire is not true... Makes the wheel look bent when spinning... :bang head:

I knew I should have insisted on Metzlers...

Hey Chris, is your other bike an SV650S?
My last bike beofre the max was a '99 SV650 naked. If I could just get the max motor into the SV frame without it collapsing that would be bad azz!!!

Hey Chris, is your other bike an SV650S?
My last bike beofre the max was a '99 SV650 naked. If I could just get the max motor into the SV frame without it collapsing that would be bad azz!!!

No sir... It's an SV1000S. :punk: It's my baby! I LOVE that bike and fall more in love with it everytime I ride it... It is just as fast as the max and handles amazingly. Of course it is far from stock now too...:whistlin: :banana: That big twin is really a blast coming out of the corners and sounds orgasmic!:drool:

The Max to me is a great cruiser and is fast as hell but there is nothing like hitting the twisties with the SV...:clapping: Couple of pics of it in its element... #1 in Wisconsin and #2 at the dragon...

Attachments

• SV pic.jpg
    SV pic.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Pic of bike.jpg
    Pic of bike.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 20

No sir... It's an SV1000S. :punk: It's my baby! I LOVE that bike and fall more in love with it everytime I ride it... It is just as fast as the max and handles amazingly. Of course it is far from stock now too...:whistlin: :banana: That big twin is really a blast coming out of the corners and sounds orgasmic!:drool:

The Max to me is a great cruiser and is fast as hell but there is nothing like hitting the twisties with the SV...:clapping: Couple of pics of it in its element... #1 in Wisconsin and #2 at the dragon...

Sweet!! I looked hard at the SV1000 before getting the max. Wish I had a bigger budget and more garage space.

New Max owner saying Hi

Just saying Hi. Ran across the forum when I was searching for a windshield:hmmm: Glad I did, great site.

I'm a sportbike guy at heart, but since becoming the proud owner of a 94 V-Max, my SV1000 and ZX-11 won't see alot of road time this summer. Bought the Max because my wife wanted to ride with me and I scared her too many times on sport bikes over the last 10yrs :ummm: I have to say, I never thought I'd buy another cruiser, but this V-Max is great, love it. I can ride for 2hrs and not feel paralyzed and still smoke a whole lot of sport bikes. I'm very impressed with the power and never thought a cruiser would be this much fun.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey to everybody, and I'm glad I found your site. I plan to hang around for a while. Now, I just need to figure out how I can get one of those awesome vmaxforum.net t-shirts :coolgleamA:

Re: New Max owner saying Hi

Welcome to the forum...

You can order a tshirt by clicking on that black icon at the top of the page.

You have to click on the small one with the red letters on it.

I know it is tempting but I hope you will take it ez with her on the bike. This bike can still scare her. Enjoy your ride together, if you scare her again - you'll never get her back on it.

I'm glad your happy about buying a Vmax. Now I hope you will tell all your friends what a blast it can be to ride.

Just saying Hi. Ran across the forum when I was searching for a windshield:hmmm: Glad I did, great site.

I'm a sportbike guy at heart, but since becoming the proud owner of a 94 V-Max, my SV1000 and ZX-11 won't see alot of road time this summer. Bought the Max because my wife wanted to ride with me and I scared her too many times on sport bikes over the last 10yrs :ummm: I have to say, I never thought I'd buy another cruiser, but this V-Max is great, love it. I can ride for 2hrs and not feel paralyzed and still smoke a whole lot of sport bikes. I'm very impressed with the power and never thought a cruiser would be this much fun.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey to everybody, and I'm glad I found your site. I plan to hang around for a while. Now, I just need to figure out how I can get one of those awesome vmaxforum.net t-shirts :coolgleamA:

SV1000 Eh??? Hmmm...

Do you belong here www.sv-portal.com too??? :ummm:

Check out my sig pic... Look familier?

Welcome M8 and enjoy,

Cheers

New Member Here

just wanted to say hi to everybody here and thanx to Max01red for reffering me to this site. i have been a V-MAX owner for a few years now. i bought my year 2004 V-MAX back in the fall of 03' and absolutely luv it. if i could only own one bike this would be it for sure. i only have 2 pix of it to share as of right now. the pic of the bike was taken on a cruise that my wife and i took in southern Arizona where we live. the other pic is of a 125 foot burnout i threw down :cheers:

Attachments

• ZbIBT2CjZH6ixwTm7uDeLkSm7uDrbJKq0300.jpg
    ZbIBT2CjZH6ixwTm7uDeLkSm7uDrbJKq0300.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 18
  • scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 14
Re: New Member Here

Welcome, always glad to see that we have another new member. I haven't been here too long and it pisses me off I never knew about it sooner. Great site, good people and good info. I don't think there is a better Max site anywhere on the net. Feel free to get involved and I hope you'll drop in daily.

Nice bike, then again don't we all. I feel the same way, I wouldn't mind another bike, but not at the expense of getting rid of the Vmax. :cheers:

Back