Ohio Bike Week

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06VMAXIMUS

Reaction score
:eusa_dance:Ohio bike week festivities started yesterday in Sandusky, and run thru June 10th. I've got some grad parties today, but I'm going to try to make it up tomorrow or one day next week. Always a good time with plenty of different things to do and shows to watch! Check out: www.ohiobikeweek.com for more details.

I wont be making bike week this year BUT I do already have a vendor spot and weekend passes for the Mod-Ohio Vintage Days races and swap meet tickets purchased for July. That is the event of the year for me! I hope to possibly meet up with some of you guys there!

I haven't been down to the Mid-Ohio vintage days in quite a few years. We also use to catch the superbike races there the following weekend. We would camp at the field next door and party our butts off. Ah to be young and dumb again!

I wont be making bike week this year BUT I do already have a vendor spot and weekend passes for the Mod-Ohio Vintage Days races and swap meet tickets purchased for July. That is the event of the year for me! I hope to possibly meet up with some of you guys there!

Not to deviate from the thread topic too much but....

I just received our tickets yesterday for Mid Ohio!!....Are there seperate spectator tickets needed for the swap meet?? And didn't this event "used to" have an auction??

I'll have to start another thread soon on this subject soon.

That's a nice time to be riding in Ohio, especially along Lake Erie.
Plenty of nice bars/restaurants besides Cedar Point. Oh, great campgrounds too. Hope all have a good time and you represent the Max with pride and honor.
Wish I could be there.
PATMAX

Not to deviate from the thread topic too much but....

I just received our tickets yesterday for Mid Ohio!!....Are there seperate spectator tickets needed for the swap meet?? And didn't this event "used to" have an auction??

I'll have to start another thread soon on this subject soon.

No additional tickets needed. Once you are on the grounds its all access. there still is an Auction down in the Paddock area, also there are test rides and meet and greets with the racers. I actually got Malcolm Smith to autograph the tank on my Husky 175 GP bike when he was the Grand Marshal there a couple years ago...

Went up to Sandusky yesterday for the festivities. All I gotta say is WOW!! There were more bikes and people there than I have ever seen in years past. Great time even with the weather being a little on the hot side!

Wish i could have went but had to get my bike running great. And it is. I went for a ride today and i gotta tell you i have the best tech working on it. I had an adrian cop check it out today and he said that it is one of the badest bike's he has pulled over. He wants one. And he wants to know who did the work. I said i did and i only work for myself. He let me go and said if you keep the pipe's low i wont get you but if i catch you crank it again i will give you a ticket. Ok i dident do it all myself and i owe alot to my tech. And he is the best. Any how glad you had fun at bike week. So what do you think about meeting in sandusky and going to canada by ferry.

Canada depends on the date.. Plus I don't have a passport, so I'd have to get one. And one for the wife as well. On the way home last night, the State troopers were setting up a DUI checkpoint at Huron airport. We went through right before they opened for business...not that we were impaired, but I hate sitting in traffic while they check everyone.

Passport's $90 times two that could hurt. Well let me know as it would be alot of fun.

So were you in-town & rapping on some rev's w/a loud exhaust? Ya gotta love the stocker for letting you hit the throttle w/o the sound overload you get from some shorty can (or two) cranking out 100+ db.

As a suggestion, if you get pulled-over, remove your helmet ASAP, it's like an admission you aren't going to run, (sorry, Tim!) and the eye contact helps. If you wear sunglasses, remove them when the LEO approaches. Getting-off the bike on the right side will help protect you from traffic too.

Adrian, being a city w/a college, maybe he was looking for partiers from the commencement weekend. It's probably about now. The last time I got a citation in MI for 'excessive noise,' I was on my four year-old 305 Scrambler I bought from my college dorm mate, and the "Snuf-r-Not's" were open. He actually pulled a u-turn in city traffic to get me, his big ticket for the day. When I saw him 'hit the light-bar' and begin to pull a u-turn, I reached back & shut the "Snuf-r-Not's" but he said I was 'racing-across the intersection.'Sometimes you just have to shut-up and pay the man. That was over 40 years ago. :confused2:

Wish i could have went but had to get my bike running great. And it is. I went for a ride today and i gotta tell you i have the best tech working on it. I had an adrian cop check it out today and he said that it is one of the badest bike's he has pulled over. He wants one. And he wants to know who did the work. I said i did and i only work for myself. He let me go and said if you keep the pipe's low i wont get you but if i catch you crank it again i will give you a ticket. Ok i dident do it all myself and i owe alot to my tech. And he is the best. Any how glad you had fun at bike week. So what do you think about meeting in sandusky and going to canada by ferry.

Wow. They cost THAT much?!! That's not gonna happen on my budget, LOL!
You can get a Nexus card for half that, their good for 5 years and it allows you to go through the fast lane at the border. If Ohio has a Enhanced Drivers License like Michigan that would be a even better option. Michigan"s Enhanced Drivers License is good for 10 years, I beleive it is $10 cheaper than the Nexus card and also allows you to go through the fast lane. It a lot easier to get; to get a Nexus card you have to go through the Border Patrol, luckily I have one close to me, and it makes you go through more hoops to obtain.

You can get a Nexus card for half that, their good for 5 years and it allows you to go through the fast lane at the border. If Ohio has a Enhanced Drivers License like Michigan that would be a even better option. Michigan"s Enhanced Drivers License is good for 10 years, I beleive it is $10 cheaper than the Nexus card and also allows you to go through the fast lane. It a lot easier to get; to get a Nexus card you have to go through the Border Patrol, luckily I have one close to me, and it makes you go through more hoops to obtain.
I have my CDL....is that close enough, lol? Thanks for the tip Brian, I will check into it.

Latest posts

Back