newbe here

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

(oldmax)

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a first time V-MAX owner. I have already learned a lot while getting approved for membership here. I have been riding since I was 16 and now am 60. My first bike was Honda CB 450, in 71 I bought a Honda CB 750, in 86 a new Triumph 750, in 91 an 86 Goldwing. took a 13 year break from riding and stopped for my morning coffee and bought a cycle trader and got the urge to buy again and bought an 05 Kawasaki 2000. Loved this bike but met my wife who likes to ride and I put a Mustang seat and full touring pack with back rest and her back and but was still killing her and she got where she didn't want to go on long trips. We drove from Miami to Orlando when the fuel light came on, got off the highway and a Honda dealer was there and I found a 1999 Honda Goldwing 50th Anniversary Edition with 27,000 miles and now the wife will ride all day. A year ago I bought a 2001 Intruder for a commuter bike for work and after having it awhile just didn't like it because it felt too small so I was shopping for a Kawasaki Concourse but couldn't find one in my price range that didn't have a lot of miles.Went to look at one at a dealership and it was junk but they had a 93 V- MAX with 7,000 miles and I took it for a test ride and knew in the first block I had to have this bike. Now I have a commuter/Solo ride bike. Hope to visit here often and make new friends. RIDE SAFE AND RIDE OFTEN. BY

Welcome Oldmax. Good luck with you're bike and you found the right place for it...good times and bad

Welcome! I think you are going to fit right in with these fellows.

More FLA Maxxers!! Look for "Tech Day" gatherings around the state. Ninjaneer and Firemedic are two of your locals. Don't worry, they'll find you probably!

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the new ride man. Low milage 93...Nice score :) Dont forget to post up a pic when you get a chance.

Welcome Oldmax!.........You'll be in good hands and company with your Fla Max neighbors, lots of great folks on this site from all over!...........Someday I'd like to get down there and meet you guys..................Tom.

"Coprunner" & I are trying to get together sometime soon, welcome to the forum. Miami sucks as a place to safely ride because of all the inattentive axxholes & the downright dangerous drivers who use their cars or trucks as weapons. Be sure and always use good boots, gloves, CE-armored jacket, & the best helmet you can afford. That stuff is 'way-cheaper than an orthopedic surgeon or a plastic surgeon.

What did you pay for the bike, & where are your pics? We all like pics.

Miami is like everywhere else, lotta sportbikes & H-D's or metric cruisers. Not that many V-Maxes, but there always seem to be a few in the classifieds, and usually for decent prices.

With the weather here starting to moderate a bit, there will be more chances to get out.

Latest posts

Back