Resource Limit Is Reached

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waddya mean - is it going weird for you again? It's working fine for me now all the way to Down Under!! :clapping:
no, no. just saying. nevermind, just another one of my stupid jokes. hopefully the issue is resolved.

but i am curious, as to what was the exactly the matter and what was done to fix it.

Technically it is not fixed, it is just a lull in the traffic. There was heavier than usual traffic for a 3 day period which basically maxed out my resource and memory. I have to finish going through the raw data logs but it seems like it was legitimate traffic and not a bot or spam attack. The issue is the forum was ported to a new server last year that is running CloudLinux. It is a common hosted OS, but the resource and memory restrictions that they have set up on it are becoming too limited for the forum. Renewal for the hosting is next month so they are aware that unless something changes at their end, I will be hosting somewhere else.

Just curious, what are the specs of the current hosting?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I would be curious to know as well, I use many different VPS and dedicated server providers and might be able to point you in the direction of a better deal. I would imagine the CPU usage is quite trivial, what are your memory, storage and bandwidth requirements?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I would be curious to know as well, I use many different VPS and dedicated server providers and might be able to point you in the direction of a better deal. I would imagine the CPU usage is quite trivial, what are your memory, storage and bandwidth requirements?

I don't have the exact stats on the hardware. I know they are Poweredge servers, Xeon processors in a VmWare setup. CPU usage is generally low, less than 15%. Storage and bandwidth is not an issue. The problem was with maxing out the Entry Process causing the resource error. From the logs it looked like traffic doubled, page requests went up by almost 4 times and hits doubled. The numbers did not look huge, but too much for what they allocated me through CloudLinux.

Its still doing it, resource limit reach. I was trying get on while I was installing swingarm and final drive

Just checked the resource logs and the CPU was maxed out in the last 4 hours! FFS!! What the hell is going on with this server?:damn angry:

So essentially not a large enough memory buffer to handle all the requests?

I guess not under certain peak times. The pain of a hosted solution, I'm afraid. I didn't have this issue until they switched to CloudLinux.

Buster, just wanted to say thank you for all that you do for this forum. LITERALLY this forum wouldn't be here except for all of the work that you do.

Sounds like someone else on the same node is over utilizing their share of the CPU. I would recommend switching to a Xen VPS in order to ensure dedicated resources at all times. "Cloud" based and OpenVZ environments often have this problem. If you want I can recommend a replacement for you that should fit the budget, send me a PM if you want more info.

Sounds like someone else on the same node is over utilizing their share of the CPU. I would recommend switching to a Xen VPS in order to ensure dedicated resources at all times. "Cloud" based and OpenVZ environments often have this problem. If you want I can recommend a replacement for you that should fit the budget, send me a PM if you want more info.

Interesting... I was under the impression that cloudlinux was a VPS solution. That would explain a 50% load on the cpu even when I shut down the forum. I'll shoot you a PM.

Back