Found some pics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
Found some pics from 1994.
These 2 pics were taken from the IDBA (International Drag Bike Assocatition) World Finals.
This was my last race before retirement. I was #1 qaulifier and also won the Pro Gas class against the 3X champion damn cant think of his name they are brothers out of Illonois
Worst light was a .439
Final round lights were .411 / .414 double breakout at the line 9.19 9.17 what a race!!

Class Pro-GAS 9.20 Index on a pro tree (.400)
Model Bike was a 1990 Suzuki GSXR 750
Engine Suzuki 92 GSXR 1127 with 38MM Mikuni Flat Slides
MTC Slider Clutch
Deadenbear Crossover Delay Box
Non Electronic Throttle Stop to run the 9.20 class Wide open would run 8.90's
2 Piece AIR TECH Fiberglass body painted in House Of Color pearl paint triple colors.
Many other mods after 35,000 invested bike was sold for 8500.00 which still races here locally in Nashville bracket classes.

Ol Suzie was a smooth consistent bracket bike that won me lots of money over her 5 yrs of racing. She would 60ft consistent 1.30's all day and night and it almost felt so easy you could wave as you were in the holeshot. I have time slips that only the thsousandth would change in the 60ft times. Talk about bulletproof engines, this engine ran 3 years averging 25-30 passes a week without ever a tear down and always maintained compression of 210 LBS per cyl.
If I could just get a VMAX engine that could take the abuse as ol Suzie took.

Attachments

• World-Finals-94.jpg
    World-Finals-94.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Yankees-Old-Pro-Gas-Drag-Bike-Burnout---1.jpg
    Yankees-Old-Pro-Gas-Drag-Bike-Burnout---1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 49
Are you the short cat? Man, I thought you were a lankee mo-fo? lol

It's seems strange to me that you are now racing your Vmax and eating stock motors one after another.

You could build one that would take it.

Are you the short cat? Man, I thought you were a lankee mo-fo? lol

:rofl_200:Lankee MO-FO I spewed my coffee when I read that LOL damn

Yeah back than 6ft 7 and I think I may have weighed 170 dripping wet
Thats how I got the name lankeeyankee fresh yankee from NJ moved to Nashville to dragrace in the good ol boy south
Name just stuck still get called Yankee but over the yrs and the beer has cause me to lose the lankee part

Ohh the name was Joe Klemme who raced with his brother Tom known as JET performance out of Davenport Iowa
Anyone heard of the brothers real good bracket racers
They were friends with ED Gothus also out of IOWA who used to race Top Gas back then

If you like being single you're right!:clapping:

Ya must be talking about Jeff who was one of my pit guys he doesnt have as much as a mullet now but believe it or not here in the south you will see a mullet every once in awhile
He is married with 2 beautiful children

Ohh the name was Joe Klemme who raced with his brother Tom known as JET performance out of Davenport Iowa
Anyone heard of the brothers real good bracket racers
They were friends with ED Gothus also out of IOWA who used to race Top Gas back then

Those names sound familiar, but I think it's from guys talking when I was at the track why I've heard it.

Those names sound familiar, but I think it's from guys talking when I was at the track why I've heard it.

Yeah the Klemme brothers and Ed Gothus are both very competitive bracket drag racers! You better have your stuff dialed in if your in the other lane
I am talking competitive bracket racing You better be cutting lights in the teens and running dead on your dial in or you will be loaded up

They been around since the late 80's early 90's Used to always run into them during IDBA races and they would come to be dash for cash bracket meets along with them Florida Boys

Latest posts

Back