New Guy With His V-ROD

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
I pulled into the track and noticed an all blk long low bike which I thought was one of our cousin bikes the Warrior and cool someone to race with since there are so damn many stretched BUSAS and ZX14's running 6 0's
Well I pulled in beside him and guess what its a V-ROD well you know how them guys are and how they view the VMAX
I talked to him for awhile and complimented his bike and not one good comment about my bike you know how we all like to hear people compliment our stuff
He was like yeah those are aftermarket pipes and I have a power commander on it with a 200 series tire
So I was like yeah they run good for a Harley you will most likely run 7.80's at around 90mph He kinda acts surprised and shakes his head " I am hoping to hit atleast 95 in the eight and 120 in the qaurter I raced a few a couple of years ago and he quickly responded OHH THEY CHANGED THE MOTOR ITS MAKING MORE HORSEPOWER this year I forgot what he said the size was maybe what a 2300 CC LOL who knows Than he started talking about NHRA prostock Harley cleaning the field I just gave up than I was like well I hope to see you out on the track maybe we can run our cruiser together and see
Sure as shit he lined up with me 1st time trial ok ready for this pipe power commander
Ready for this: His numbers

60 FT 1.9020
330 FT 5.1691
1-8 ET 8.04
MPH 83.22
:rofl_200::rofl_200:
What a NIMROD on a VROD But we have to wave to our fellow V-RODDERS:clapping:

Ohh and he didnt say much the rest of the night

LOL The Harley guys think they're hot shit and the Vrod'rs are even worse. :icon_rolleyes:

I like to point out all the similarities to the Max which was designed in 1984...:whistlin:

It's still a pretty quick bike for a twin but the NHRA bikes engine isn't even based off of the Vrod's. Well except the fact that it's a twin. :confused2:

No doubt that the twins are eating the field.

I have several friends that have the sleaze-rod. Most are hardcore "Peace Maker/Iron Horsemen" looking to take it easy after 45 years of outlaw biker bs.

About twice a year they have a noob wanna pledge yuppy thinking he's the shat with his Eagle Edition. Most of them tell him not to F@ck with Neil's Max, those who need a good laugh say nothing!

Nuff Said...

:cheers:
Neil

I pulled into the track and noticed an all blk long low bike which I thought was one of our cousin bikes the Warrior and cool someone to race with since there are so damn many stretched BUSAS and ZX14's running 6 0's
Well I pulled in beside him and guess what its a V-ROD well you know how them guys are and how they view the VMAX
I talked to him for awhile and complimented his bike and not one good comment about my bike you know how we all like to hear people compliment our stuff
He was like yeah those are aftermarket pipes and I have a power commander on it with a 200 series tire
So I was like yeah they run good for a Harley you will most likely run 7.80's at around 90mph He kinda acts surprised and shakes his head " I am hoping to hit atleast 95 in the eight and 120 in the qaurter I raced a few a couple of years ago and he quickly responded OHH THEY CHANGED THE MOTOR ITS MAKING MORE HORSEPOWER this year I forgot what he said the size was maybe what a 2300 CC LOL who knows Than he started talking about NHRA prostock Harley cleaning the field I just gave up than I was like well I hope to see you out on the track maybe we can run our cruiser together and see
Sure as shit he lined up with me 1st time trial ok ready for this pipe power commander
Ready for this: His numbers

60 FT 1.9020
330 FT 5.1691
1-8 ET 8.04
MPH 83.22
:rofl_200::rofl_200:
What a NIMROD on a VROD But we have to wave to our fellow V-RODDERS:clapping:

Ohh and he didnt say much the rest of the night
It's bullshit that the pro harleys are allowed to have 3000cc to compete with the 1500cc jap bikes at the pro events.Last year Angell hade the fastest bike out there but could not stay awake on the line to win anything.Her and Antron were running GSX based motors.

I've raced a half a dozen of them in the quarter, for a cruiser they're no slouch but I've never lost to one yet except for one time when I got a shitty launch, properly ridden by both riders they'll never beat a Vmax in the quarter.

Rusty

We race every year and T&O which is a big Harley event but all bikes are welcome. There is always a couple of v-rods there. In street form they really aren't any competition but they can be made to get moving. We watched a brand new v-rod destroyer make it's first pass last year and it ended up crashed at the big end. Story was it got squirrley for some reason. They thing the front end wasn't setup right during assembly. Those bikes run 8.90's in the quarter and are not sold for street use.

Sean

It's bullshit that the pro harleys are allowed to have 3000cc to compete with the 1500cc jap bikes at the pro events.Last year Angell hade the fastest bike out there but could not stay awake on the line to win anything.Her and Antron were running GSX based motors.

Dont worry the Harleys are about to end. Currently NHRA only allows the GS and KZ blocks for Jap bikes in the Prostock category.
I heard that NHRA has approved the GSXR1300 and ZX14 blocks for the ProStocks. I am not sure if this is going into effect for the 09 season or we will have to wait for 2010.
When this does take effect all them Harley guys will finially STFU!!:punk:

I don't know if that is going to be better or not. Those old GS and KZ blocks can take a LOT of punishement and upgrades. The newer stuff is in general thinner and less forgiving for extreme modifications. That's not to say you can't make them fast!

Sean

This thread brings to mind a story another Vmaxxer told me last year about a twit with a V-Rod. He was at the Friday the 13th day in Port Dover, Ontario (For those who are not from here every Friday the 13th Port Dover has a bike meet, no matter what time of year, that draws about 100,000 people to this little town on Lake Erie. This year they are going for a world record for the greatest number of bikes) with his 85 Max. A gent pulled in next to him on a V-Rod. This guy turns to his buddy and said "Stinkin' Japs are already copying the V-Rod". Of course my buddy couldn't just let that go so he turned to the guy and said "My bike is a 1985 buddy, wonder who copied who?". He said the guy looked totally dumbfounded and turned away and didn't reply. Typical Harley guy who thinks that Harley invents every great bike.

I don't know if that is going to be better or not. Those old GS and KZ blocks can take a LOT of punishement and upgrades. The newer stuff is in general thinner and less forgiving for extreme modifications. That's not to say you can't make them fast!

Sean

They will fill the blocks with epoxy.I have a friend who races turbo zx's.He has solved many of the weakness problems with his 6 dragbikes.

Sean

Sean they have Hayabusas making 550 Horsepower RWHP on the Dyno. I think they will be able to hold 300 with no issues.

Yes, me too. But I have also seen and ridden with a couple of guys that were making well over 600 with the old GS motors. Of course they were using turbos and alcohol and 60lbs of boost! Trust me when I tell you these bikes are wicked fast.

It's kind of funny but they will tell you the bike isn't any faster on the street at boost levels over 20lbs. It's pretty wild when they can break the tires loose at 150mph!

Sean Morley

They will fill the blocks with epoxy.I have a friend who races turbo zx's.He has solved many of the weakness problems with his 6 dragbikes.

Maybe will help, But gool ol NHRA will change the rules again to slow them down. Look at the changes when the Buell's started running quick, then when Angelle was flirting with the 6.80's she hit the nail on the head when during an interview she said that "we're doing just fine, so long as NHRA dosn't slow us down again."

As far as using the new motors from Kaw and Suk, there has been over 700hp out of a turbo busa at the dynojet HP wars.

But the main thing is cost effectiveness to run. the GS and KZ based power plants are damn near bulletproof. Thats one reason shy the GPz's motor didn't last in production, the roller bearings were a good idea, just didn't work. Thus the only thing left over from that era was that wicked flowing head from the GPz

If the GSXR13 and ZX14 based engines turn out, I'm betting on new weight restrictions.

MAN KJ , YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH ! THE NHRA WILL JUST ADD 50 LBS TO THE JAP BIKES, OR HAVE THEM PUT ON CHUTES & PULL THEM WHEN THEY GET TO THE 1/8 MILE ! "LOL" :rofl_200: THATS BULLS%*T ! & AS FAR AS STEELING A DESIGN , IVE NEVER SEEN ANY MORE BLAIGHTANT , THEN THE "NIGHT ROD" V-ROD , IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE MY 06 V-MAX ! I'M SHOCKED THAT YAMAHA DID'NT SUE !!!! :punk: THE FIRST TIME I SAW ONE WAS AT THE 2007 K&N SUMMERNATIONALS AT RACEWAY PARK , IT EVEN HAS THE RED PIN STRIPE AROUND THE RIMS!

:biglaugh:

Toyota had to develop a special block to run in Nascar because rules permit only pushrod, cam in the block, rocker arm engines, Which they've never made, being a little more technologically advanced than that.

On the other hand, I used to kinda feel the same way about watching Nascar, and still won't on TV.

But;

I went to Ft. Worth races last year at the invite of a friend and it was fucking awesome! They may all be running the same body/chassis now and under the same rules but "set-up" is up to the team and varies considerably.

Until you''ve seen 35-40 cars running around a track at 200 mph up close and personal you haven't seen nascar, and the true racing, strategy and what goes on on the track is incredible once you actually WATCH the race and start paying attention to what's REALLY going on out there.

The wrecks are fun too:biglaugh:

:eek:fftopic: And this has to do with Drag Racing or V-RODS How?
If you want to talk Nascar start a new thread please.

:biglaugh:

Toyota had to develop a special block to run in Nascar because rules permit only pushrod, cam in the block, rocker arm engines, Which they've never made, being a little more technologically advanced than that.

On the other hand, I used to kinda feel the same way about watching Nascar, and still won't on TV.

But;

I went to Ft. Worth races last year at the invite of a friend and it was fucking awesome! They may all be running the same body/chassis now and under the same rules but "set-up" is up to the team and varies considerably.

Until you''ve seen 35-40 cars running around a track at 200 mph up close and personal you haven't seen nascar, and the true racing, strategy and what goes on on the track is incredible once you actually WATCH the race and start paying attention to what's REALLY going on out there.

The wrecks are fun too:biglaugh:

offtopic.gif
And this has to do with Drag Racing or V-RODS How?

Yep! I HATE Nascar too... :whistlin: Open wheels all the way!:thumbs up:

offtopic.gif
And this has to do with Drag Racing or V-RODS How?

ZING! 3 award winners with 1 thread!! LOL! :eusa_dance::biglaugh:

i road a vrod once.. raced one once also wow wee... threads go off coarse when they run there coarse...your like a semi pro at the drags you beat up on some guy with a new vrod...is there really anything else to say....seems like talk about me or dont talk at all

Back