Silver Lake Dunes, MI

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt get to Richland/Gull Lake until 3 am Sat I would have enjoyed seeing you Sat. but the weather Sat was terrible. Tornadoes & heavy rain. We escaped the tornadoes but southwest of us got hit. I left for Detroit Airport by noon Sun. after going to breakfast w/my host & hostess. Another time when I am not so pressed for time, I would enjoy a 'face to face.'

Your right about the weather Sat, had one of the tornados pass within 1/2 mile to the west of my house, no damage here but a few vehicles and a boat were totaled from falling trees down the street, I was out in the Garage servicing the Max when the sirens went off, I enjoy a good storm so I stuck it out, by the time it started to thrash my street it was too late to make it for the house, I just took cover between my tool chest and my bench, pretty intense for a miniute but it was quite awesome to watch, we'll catch ya next time!..................Tom.

Looks like I brought the Oklahoma weather with me. Good thing it wasn't a big one. I haven't heard anything about the damage. Hope it wasn't too bad.

Last edited:
Tom lives right in the middle of it and I work just a few blocks away, F0 to F1 they say not too bad lots of trees down and if you have anything under one of them that sucks but no deaths, I leave work at 230 and I went by at 245 so I was just in front of it lot's of rain hard to see but I wasn't slowing down much, didn't want it to catch me !! Tom said his house was fine didn't even loose power.

Got to meet Rednecksoldier yesterday had a great time as with all the guys I have met on this site he's a cool dude, got to pull a few wheelies fun stuff

Attachments

• 20160825_181851.jpg
    20160825_181851.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 6
Nice looking pair of yeller Maxes!...............Bummed we couldn't make it the other day but glad you got to meet Patrick yesterday, he's a lot of fun to ride with....................Tom.

Thanks, Tom. It was a fun ride. Just a little hooliganism around silver Lake and Pentwater. I made pretty good time getting back to Ludington. Wife called me late for dinner and that's something I just can't tolerate lol. 31 sure is a smooth straight highway.

Back