Going to try 87 this tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you do anything to your scout yet? My wife wants to put slip ons on hers.

I did the Bassani 2-1 full exhaust, S&S intake, and flashed it with a Powervision. Definitely woke it up.

There's plenty of choices for exhaust. The Kuryakyn Crushers are probably one of the most popular slip ons, followed by the Bassani 2-1 for a full system. Both are pretty loud. In fact, almost all the aftermarket exhausts for the Scout are loud- there's not many options that I would consider touring friendly. I ended up modifying the baffle in the Bassani to make it a little quieter.

I did the Bassani 2-1 full exhaust, S&S intake, and flashed it with a Powervision. Definitely woke it up.

There's plenty of choices for exhaust. The Kuryakyn Crushers are probably one of the most popular slip ons, followed by the Bassani 2-1 for a full system. Both are pretty loud. In fact, almost all the aftermarket exhausts for the Scout are loud- there's not many options that I would consider touring friendly. I ended up modifying the baffle in the Bassani to make it a little quieter.

Thanks.
She was listening to the Kuryakyn Crushers online and likes the sound of them but she might not after an hr of them!

Yeah, online vids are tough to tell as far as volume in real life, as are reports from other people.

If stock is a "1", and stuff like the Trask or V&H Grenades are a "10", the Bassani is probably a "7", and the Crushers about the same. The OE Stage 1 mufflers are maybe a 2 or 3. By modifying the baffle in the Bassani, I'd say it dropped to a 5 or 6, which I consider the limit for "all day friendly".

A quieter option is the Remus slip ons. Even sans baffle they're a little quieter than the Crushers, and with the baffle, it's not too far off stock- maybe a "3".

Latest posts

Back