Wider rear end

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadFlyDeek

Reaction score
Hi, I'm wanting to put a bigger back wheel on my Max, at the moment I have a 170 , but would like to go up to 190, does anyone know what wheels would fit without to much hassle, I already have a 900 diversion on , trying to spend as little as possible

I've got a pair of Kosmans that would allow you to put a 200 with swingarm notching on it. Still not "cheap" at $1500

Thanks for the replys, and I think as I'm in Scotland your wheels may cost somewhat more than $1500 once I paid for shipping and import tax

We can help with the import duties (somewhat) and shipping may not be as bad as you might think. I'm thinking we could get them to you for another $150.

But, to answer your initial question. There are no stock wheels that can be repurposed to get you anything wider (or even narrower). The shaft drive removes a lot of options and really limits what you can do.

If you want even larger I do have a 240 setup we're working on but it's a lot more expensive.

I have a Metzler ME 880 170/80/15 on mine and I can just about slip a piece of paper between the tire and the shaft drive !!

- Widest rear wheel you can put on old v-max is 180x70x15. For wider tires you will need wider rim and modified swingarm.
- On our forum (vmax-club.ru) there were offers of self made swingarms for wide tires (http://www.vmax-club.ru/forum/index.php?topic=4781.msg72458#msg72458)
- My experience says, that better fit the rear wheel with stock 150x90x15. Wide rear wheel is only the dubious view, nothing else.

The 180-70 fits like complete shit so I don't include it in the options.

Latest posts

Back