Clear Diaphragm Covers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
A while back while (web) surfing I saw a few vmaxes with transparent diaphragm covers on the carbs.

Does anybody have a lead on where to purchase them, or are they a home job custom only? :confused2:

I beleive they were transparent purple? or some other color, not clear?

Thanks everybody.

Yes, I am completely sure.

It could of been a Japanese site and I couldn't figure out Whiskey Tango Foxtrot it said.

But it was definitely a Vmax.

I don't know why some one would want to see the diaphram unless it looks cool vibrating real fast.They don't move at idle.

Why do we have clear water pump covers?

Custom is as custom does.

I'm still trying to find them, surfs up!

I don't know,I prefer stuff to go faster but you know what they say,everybody has one.An opinion that is.

I like different strokes for different folks.

I'm very much funtion over form. My wife however is almost always form over function. :confused2:

Now how about some see-through heads. That would be the real ticket:eusa_dance:

Me to man me to.

HP: 1st
Looks: 2nd

Nothing about these post has anything to do with my >o<pinion. he he

I am just trying to convince myself I'm not going crazy. When I first got my Max I hit the web pretty hard getting up to speed on the big picture.

I saw them.......but where is the question.

P.S. The only practical use I could see for them is you could see if any of your slides were sticking?

Calimus said:
I like different strokes for different folks.

I'm very much funtion over form. My wife however is almost always form over function. :confused2:

Now how about some see-through heads. That would be the real ticket:eusa_dance:

Why would you want to see what others have in their heads. On most people it's obvious from the outside that the cavern is just for collecting ear wax.:rofl_200:

vmaxinID said:
Me to man me to.

HP: 1st
Looks: 2nd

Nothing about these post has anything to do with my >o<pinion. he he

I am just trying to convince myself I'm not going crazy. When I first got my Max I hit the web pretty hard getting up to speed on the big picture.

I saw them.......but where is the question.

P.S. The only practical use I could see for them is you could see if any of your slides were sticking?
I like the idea and would like to see the picture of the bike! I've never seen them so I wouldn't know where to look, but it is probably from Europe or maybe Japan. I'd use them so I don't have to keep polishing the metal one! :D

I think those clear carb covers were from an international Dutch rally a few years ago. They were clear with the slide springs anodized. Have not seen them for sale anywhere

mikemax04 said:
Why would you want to see what others have in their heads. On most people it's obvious from the outside that the cavern is just for collecting ear wax.:rofl_200:

Good point:doh:

If I fail in locating the image or product page, I am going to dismiss it as a dream I had :confused2: and find a way to produce them.

Orignal parts for orignal farts.

I swear they were either transparent purple or green.
This damn internet thing is just too damn big.

You could us a stock one to make the forms then injection mold some plastic ones.Should't be real hard.We made plastic screw driver handles in shop class in 6th grade.

Last edited:
ive got all the otec clear covers on my 97, alternator, clutch, waterpump, midgear, and cam covers. these would be a perfect addition. let me know if you find a vendor. i'll look around and see what i can find.

Attachments

• 122.JPG
    122.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 13
Moto-boutique had them at one point but don't know if he sold out. Also Henny Raats in Holland

Latest posts

Back