You have forward controls and want to ditch 'em?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
I'm wanting a set. This bike cramps me up too bad to care about sport riding it. I'll buy a sport bike if I want to do that. I need to stretch out the legs. So that being said, I'm looking for some forward controls.

Thanks fellas.

I'm wanting a set. This bike cramps me up too bad to care about sport riding it. I'll buy a sport bike if I want to do that. I need to stretch out the legs. So that being said, I'm looking for some forward controls.

Thanks fellas.

Quarterhorse,

I included pictures of forward controls from the exactrep (www.exactrep.com) website and mid controls from the over racing website (www.over.co.jp). The forward are about $544.00 US and the mids are 100,000 yen (?)

I have Yamaha's engine case protectors with highway pegs on them and they do me ok.

Mike

Attachments

• cruiser-forward-controls-click.jpg
    cruiser-forward-controls-click.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 312
  • mid.jpg
    mid.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 233
  • mid2.jpg
    mid2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 207
  • mid3.jpg
    mid3.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 187
Yeah I thought about the case guards with pegs, but I can't get over how much I don't like the look. Nothing personal, it's just a "me" thing.

I know they're spendy, I think 'cause they may be worth it haha.

Thanks fellas.

How tall are ya?

Under 5' 10"?

I have some and love em', I'm a cruzier tho, not a drag racer.

I'm running an old pair of modified "Depretto Moto"
Seger Cycle: http://www.seegercycle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=349$649
Wild Bros: http://www.wildbros.com/images/forward.bmp call to order $549 super great guys.

I'm 6'0" on the button.

Thanks for the links fellas. May be a Christmas present for myself.

Hey Dustin, You really need to ride Nathan's Vmax (you haven't met him) and see what you think before dropping that kind of money. I am 6' too and with Morley's seat I have done 300 mile days with no issues in the leg department. I however put my feet on the crash bungs every so often. I just don't like my feet in front of me when accelerating hard.

+1 on the demo. $500 would sting if you didnt like em'.

I'm 6' 2" and my forwards are still just a bit too short.

If I was 6'0" they would be just right.

Hey Dustin, You really need to ride Nathan's Vmax (you haven't met him) and see what you think before dropping that kind of money. I am 6' too and with Morley's seat I have done 300 mile days with no issues in the leg department. I however put my feet on the crash bungs every so often. I just don't like my feet in front of me when accelerating hard.

I've put 250 miles on my bike and I limp when I get off it because I get cramped up so bad.

I'm with you Chris. When hammering down, its just not comfy and safe feeling at all. It looks cool all clam shelled going down the road. But in riding reality and comfort, it's not all cracked up to what it's suppose to be. IMO, highway pegs are the way to go on the Max and many more k.a. muscle bikes. !:)

:cheers:
Clay

I really think the making a set is the way to go guys. I did this a few years back and they were VERY comfy. The pivot for the brake was the hardest part and that was awful easy. I could switch them back out in less than 20 mins. I bought a used alloy set for a Magna. All told I maybe had 150.00 bucks in them. Ended up selling them on Ebay for over 300. The guy loved them. I just could not get used to the feeling during a hard launch and the tire spun so easy.Was fun for a while. I am running a mystery set of rearsets now and they are great. Took me 3 sets to find ones that fit just right though.

Besides the forwards wouldn't look right with the radials and Thunderace/Divvy wheels.

Be different and make your own. Save a ton of cash.

Frank

I like em'
I hear ya dude. I'm 6'1 and think about getting forwards all the time when riding cramped up. But everytime I ride my buddies Duece and give it hell at 80+ and my feet fly off the pegs I change my mind:whistlin:

btw....your avitar is like going back to 1979 and I love it:th_peace:

Merry Christmas!
Clay

I may catch some flack for saying this, but I didn't buy the V-Max to be the fastest bike. We all know it's not. I bought this bike because they're neat, it does have some get up, and I wanted to throw some miles down on it.

Sure I've gotten on it and had the front wheel off the ground, but I guarantee you I spend WAY more time on both wheels than one, and at the speed limit vs double it.

The seat will be getting fixed, but I'm not talking about cramped in my ass, it's some place where the seat isn't effecting me where I cramp, right in my groin, in the bend of the leg, at the hip.

If I was that worried about going fast, I wouldn't have boughten a V-Max, I would have gotten a 'Busa instead. I love my Max, and look forward to putting tons of miles on it and touring it around the country, just not with the standard pegs on it. I pray for 90 miles to pass so I can stop and get off to fuel at this point in time. It shouldn't be that way.

I really think the making a set is the way to go guys. I did this a few years back and they were VERY comfy. The pivot for the brake was the hardest part and that was awful easy. I could switch them back out in less than 20 mins. I bought a used alloy set for a Magna. All told I maybe had 150.00 bucks in them. Ended up selling them on Ebay for over 300. The guy loved them. I just could not get used to the feeling during a hard launch and the tire spun so easy.Was fun for a while. I am running a mystery set of rearsets now and they are great. Took me 3 sets to find ones that fit just right though.

Besides the forwards wouldn't look right with the radials and Thunderace/Divvy wheels.

Be different and make your own. Save a ton of cash.

Frank

Do you have pics of yours you made? I would like to see how well you did.

Latest posts

Back