L3K Engineering

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K9Klaus

Reaction score
Seems I'm have an issue contacting the people at L3K .. bought their gas tank in March and it was great.. no leaks or other issues.. then last week I went down to the Dragon and the tank started to leak. I have their latest tank with the aluminum flange where the furl pump mounts to... the leak is coming from under the flange that they silicone to the tank. Seems the black silicone they used broke down and leaks under the mounting flange.. I sent 4 emails over the last couple of days and no response. Tank is already out of bike and I was going to send it back for an exchange... but since there is no phone number or response looks like im stuck fixing this myself...so much for the 1 year garrauntee. Any one have a phone number forvthem.

Five emails no response from them.. kinda a buy and they screw you sort of company ... specially with out a phone number to call them direct.... I'll come up with a permanent fix and let ya know what I came up with.

Perhaps you can use some of that tank liner. I have never used it but it's supposed to have a sealing effect to lock in corrosion and stuff. Maybe it will be ample to seal the leak.

It's important to let others know when vendors fail, saves us from making the same mistake. Besides a 1 year guarantee is fairly weak when the factory tank was just fine for 30+. When I buy parts and things I loose quite a bit of faith if even the vendor doesn't think it will last more than a season. I consider no customer service phone number a red flag also.

I dont see that they have the gen1 anymore but are selling a gen2 tank for upwards of $1200. After spending that kind of scratch it would be a pretty big let down to find out they are not responsive to customer service issues. I hope you get it sorted out.

Update ... they gor back to me and are sending out some sealant so I can do a repair. But a friend is going to tank out to his work and Grummam and come up with a solution.

Seems even more shady (to me at least) that theyre just going to send some sealant for you to do the repair instead of and exchange so they can see exactly why the failure happened and make adjustments to the product. Kinda tells ya they just dont give a shit about the consumer...

Yep I agree.. after taking the tank apart it leaks from the molded bolts on the right side. I do not see a permanent fix for that..

There is indeed warpage around the opening.. Plain and simple the area is to thin.. stock tank is way thicker. There for does not have the same issue

I know where that is, it's an office complex, no manufacturing there. They must have some manufacturing plant elsewhere, or it's imported.

Looks like they are, like the Coneheads, "from France."

Detail by Entity Name

Florida Limited Liability Company
L3K ENGINEERING LLC

Filing Information Document NumberL13000060030FEI/EIN Number90-0979584Date Filed04/24/2013Effective Date04/24/2013StateFLStatusACTIVE

Principal Address 17851 BISCAYNE BLVD.
AVENTURA, FL 33160

Mailing Address 17851 BISCAYNE BLVD.
AVENTURA, FL 33160

Registered Agent Name & AddressLE GOUEFF, LOIC 17851 BISCAYNE BLVD
AVENTURA, FL 33160

Name Changed: 04/15/2015

Address Changed: 04/15/2015
Authorized Person(s) DetailName & Address

Title MGR

LE GOUEFF, LOIC 6, rue de la Catalogne
Z.A LA BÉRANGERAIS
LA CHAPELLE SUR ERDRE 44240 FR

Title MGRM

LE GOUEFF, LOIC 6, rue de la Catalogne
Z.A LA BÉRANGERAIS
LA CHAPELLE SUR ERDRE 44240 FR

Title MGRM

BESSAHA, KARIM 105 RUE CAMILLE DESMOULINS
NANTES, FR 44000 FR

Annual Reports Report Year Filed Date 2015 04/15/2015 2016 04/27/2016 2017 02/12/2017

Attachments

• 17895 Biscayne Blvd Aventura FL.pdf
    356.2 KB · Views: 4
Going by the crummy English on the site, I would strongly suspect the company is based out of France and has only enough presence in the US to legally do business.

They claim to offer a 12 month warranty, I'd be demanding a return and refund on it, not a little tube of goop to smear over a leak. Talk about a "band aid" fix, and since when is it the customer's responsibility to do warranty repairs?

While I hate doing this, sometimes threatening legal action tends to get someone's attention and make them realize you're not going to just be ignored and go away.

Well that tube of silicone didn't last a month before the gas broke it down.. I really like the tank and would love to see it work.. they are sending a new tank out and I'm returning this one.. but have my doubts it will last more that 3 months. Let's see what happens

Latest posts

Back