Made an impulse buy...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sidecar pics please.

That should be fun. I think sidecars are like a parade, they put smiles on most people. No holding the bike up at a stop. Learning about physics with each twist of your wrist.

Bloody hell that's cheap. I imagine your get most of your money back just for the sidecar at this side of the pond

Dont know much about hd's but that sounds like a darn good deal.
Was that the Harley that was a cop bike?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

2nd request. Sidecar pics please.

How many miles on the FLH?

Nice deal, and decent looking bike. I haven't owned a H.D. for a long time but I'd grab that myself in a heartbeat.

Couldnt agree more. I would have grabbed it for the sidecar if nothing else. I'm about as far from a Harley guy as one can get but a deal is a deal. There is no way to go wrong with this buy. Congrats.:eusa_dance:

Thanks for the good vibes guys. Its a 1989 electraglide classic. Bought itnfrom the original owner, an 86yr old man. He put 108k miles on it. Its 100% stock. Runs fantastic but leaks so much oil ExxonMobil would be jealous. The side car is a late 70s velorex jawa fiberglass unit. Which im not particularly interested in myself. Might sell it. Ill try to get some pics of it when i get out to the shop! My grandfather has taken a particular interest in it and wants me to mount the sidecar so he can ride it. (He is 81) i might just clean it up and let him ride it till he gets tired of it.

As far as investments go, i couldnt find a better deal. Just needs to be cleaned up. At this point im not sure if i want to flip it anymore. I would rather hang out with gramps and work on it with him. I can't put a price on the quality time i have working on bikes with him, since it was so cheap its not gonna hurt me to leave it sit there. Might just give it to him for his birthday and tell him to will it back to me... lol

Keep it for riding with your grandpa. I like your idea of willing it back to you, but I would hold the title in your name and register it to him, then hand him the keys.

Ripped it apart, short block is back together after i split and resealed the cases. Everything measured out great. Put new lifter in and shortblock is done.

Attachments

• 20180926_161720.jpg
    20180926_161720.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 19
My friend has a brand new S&S engine in a crate, about the same era, an Evo style mount, I think it's also a 1989 Classic he got it for.

Are you gonna pull the jugs and look at the primary, while it's out? That many miles and I suppose since it's out, I would just replace all the gaskets/seals, and this would allow you to see what's worn-out and ready for replacement.

I think Gramps would ride it for a bit, and then say, "thanks," and hand you the keys.

Yes, i stripped it apart. Engine apart, split the cases and checked everything. Replacing all gaskets, rings, valves, rocker shafts, etc. Primary is all good. Its gonna be a good runner once its oil tight!

My grandfather told me the other day he would rather ride the vmax instead... haha

Got it done! I love this thing! Gramps has decided he would rather ride the vmax. (Go out on top as he puts it)

Attachments

• 20181025_184748.jpg
    20181025_184748.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back