Morning fun

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxmaniac

Reaction score
Played with a busa this morning on the way to work. Out of the hole is was pretty even up until around 80 mph. After that he slowly pulled away. At the next light he flips up his visor and asks me what the hell kind of bike that is! Gotta love it!

That's great! Always fun to play with other bikes in our element. You're right, the 'Busa does really fly up top though. My buddy has one and I do all his service. Every now and then I take it for a hop. Very seemless un-real top end. For as long as the Max has been out, I'm amazed at how many don't know what it is. I had mine on the showroom floor all winter and was asked many times what the new bike was!

Not sure of the actual figure, but Yamaha sell about 10'000 R1's for every Vmax they sell

Wow, I'm surprised, I always thought the VMax had no chance against the Busa at any speed!

In all fairness I practice my lunches on a fairly consistant basis. If he was a new rider or new to the bike than he would have the disadvantage in that regard. I could tell on the top end I'd get crushed! I have owned a few bikes one being a 1100 GXR katana. I have had a bit of time to play and hone my skills.

in general you dont have a shot, but riders have a huge influence on any race

vmaxmaniac said:
In all fairness I practice my lunches on a fairly consistant basis.

"Lunches"? Me too! LOL. I know what you meant.

I really need to cut back. You're right about rider skill being critical from a standing start. I really don't think that, given equal riders, a Max will have any shot at keeping up. MCN (Motorcycle Consumer News) rates the Max @ 3.33 seconds 0-60. The Busa is 2.76. The 0-100 times are 7.74 vs 5.30. Not even close really. Of course, finding a pilot skilled enough to launch a Busa like that would be much more difficult! Thus, we get to play....

Latest posts

Back