Another move happening!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The forum host is physically moving their complete facility to another city! This is planned for Saturday September 23. Here is the cut and paste of their announcement
Q: When will the move occur?

A: We are tenatively looking at late night Saturday, September 23 into the morning of Sunday, September 24. Once we have a confirmed date and time, we will follow up with another message with further details.

Q: How long will the outage last?

A: We will provide a 12 hour maintenance window for the move, but we anticipate that the actual outage will not last for the full maintenance window. While we cannot predict the exact amount of time required for the move, here is some additional information that should give you a general idea:

- The new facility is approximately 240 miles away from the old facility. The driving time will be about four hours.
- There will be time required for de-racking, packaging, loading, unloading, unpackaging, and re-racking the equipment, which will likely be about two hours at each location.

I'll update this post with any more info as the date gets closer.

New update for forum server move:

Due to several areas of heavy road construction between Atlanta and Charlotte, we have decided to extend the maintenance window to 18 hours. While we do not have any specific knowledge of anticipated delays, we want to allow some additional time due to the unpredictability of the road construction. We are still going to strive to remain within the originally planned 12 hour window and our priority is to restore service as quickly as possible.

Move will commence at 12 am Sunday Sept. 24. I will be taking the server off line about 1 hour before the move to do a complete back up and prep it for the move. The forum will probably be down for most of Sunday. ( Good time to enjoy football!).
Visits to the forum before the server is back up will result in a time out. I don't have a Faceboook account so there is no way to update people unless someone here wants to receive updates from me and pass them on.

One of the forum users has set up a Facebook event here. When there is updates to the move, apparently you will be notified.

Wow 21 hours, not overly impressed for moving 4 hours to a new location.

Well atleast we seem to be up with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Ah yes, nice ocean breeze in the new location! Wait, there isn't a hurricane coming, is there? :hmmm::eusa_pray:

Lol... well it's not quite ocean front, more like in the middle of Charlotte.

Attachments

• new server home.jpg
    new server home.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back