Solid mounts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeitz1979

Reaction score
How many of you guys are running the solid motor mounts? I'm looking into getting a set, will most likely be made of delrin, and I know there has to be a little more vibration due to this. And if so, how did the guys running them lower the vibrations from the mounts...( shot in handle bars, extra padding, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been running them for quite a few years. I went with the venture aluminum mounts. I've heard others complain about vibration but I can't say that I've noticed it enough to try to remedy it.

After running them a short time I noticed a slight oil leak on the stator side coming from the insert.

I was in the middle of a long ride. I checked the bolts on the insert, Stator cover, and mid gear cover and noticed multiple were a touch loose. I tightened everything up and haven't had a problem since.

The bike had about 3K miles at the time and no engine cover ever touched before this. Been about 7 years since.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ive been running the metal venture ones for years now with no loosening of any bolts and no noticable difference in vibration. Didnt feel comfortable using Delrin mounts... something about plastic, heat, sunlight and time that im just not comfortable with, lol.

I've got aluminum ones as well. I always put beads in the bars from a dive weight anyway, so I don't think it's too viby.

I offer both but almost always suggest the aluminum. I delrin will deteriorate over time though the only time i've had any "fail" was when trying to remove them to mover to another block.

I had the Venture solid mounts on my previous max. Imo, wasn't worth the trouble.

Have had alu mounts for yonks. I had them anodised so that the surface finish didn't deteriorate.

A little bit more vibration through the bars and footrests but not sufficient to bother me. Rear view mirrors do vibrate more and blur the image.

Changing to the ISR masters reduced this although there are probably cheaper alternatives! :confused2:

I replaced the worn OEM mounts with Delrin. The difference was noticeable and vibration not an issue. If my mounts were good I'd probably not bothered.

What the guys are saying about the Venture mounts is that the Yamaha Venture came-with solid metal mounts, so if you can find a Venture being parted-out, that's probably the cheapest way to get them.

I don't have them, but if you're looking to stiffen your ride, I think I would save my $ for frame braces.

I have aluminum motor mounts in my bike for the last 10 years and did notice some extra vibration in the handlebars, especially cruising at 5000rpms.

I installed Ricor Vibranators in the handlebars and that helped a lot.

Mike

Yeah mine came with them so I dont know the difference but it sure doesnt vibrate anything like some inline 4s Ive had.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. Frame braces are nice but the cost is not lol. I can grab a set of solids from a guy relatively cheap, so I needed some input and opinions. He has delrin and aluminum ones. I thank you guys for all the responses.

I had Delrin MM for a few years but changed over to aluminum about 5-7 years back and while the vibes were pronounced @ certain rpms they haven't really bothered me. I'd do it over again but only if I was already taking the engine out, and I'd would go with the aluminum MM's. While I've never tried frame braces, the solid MM's, braced swingarm and better suspension parts has made Redbone all the bike I need.

Hi has any one tried and manufacture aluminum ones on their own?
I Think if i have some aluminium rod in the correct size and just cut and drill?
Any ideas?

Hi has any one tried and manufacture aluminum ones on their own?
I Think if i have some aluminium rod in the correct size and just cut and drill?
Any ideas?

They're not expensive. As you can see there's a step in them that would need to be turned. It's been done for sure.

They're not expensive. As you can see there's a step in them that would need to be turned. It's been done for sure.

I just picked some up, for $70. Haven't put them in yet but i thought for the material, and machine time that was a fair cost.

How many of you guys are running the solid motor mounts? I'm looking into getting a set, will most likely be made of delrin, and I know there has to be a little more vibration due to this. And if so, how did the guys running them lower the vibrations from the mounts...( shot in handle bars, extra padding, etc.)

Aluminum mounts, think they were $40-60 bucks from Exactrep about 10 yrs ago.... hard to say on vibration difference (vs. completely stock) because I had already installed Otec triple trees (no rubber bushing for handlebar risers) and rearsets (solid aluminum pegs) before then, was pretty buzzy already.

JMHO, for the price, this is a no-brainer VERY FIRST mod if you want your Max to stop wiggling on 90 mph sweepers.... don't go to Hallet without 'em.

Aluminum mounts, think they were $40-60 bucks from Exactrep about 10 yrs ago.... hard to say on vibration difference (vs. completely stock) because I had already installed Otec triple trees (no rubber bushing for handlebar risers) and rearsets (solid aluminum pegs) before then, was pretty buzzy already.

JMHO, for the price, this is a no-brainer VERY FIRST mod if you want your Max to stop wiggling on 90 mph sweepers.... don't go to Hallet without 'em.

I installed the Delrin ones a few weeks or so back. Can’t ride ride now but, between that and the other mods I’m working on, I’m itchin to ride

Latest posts

Back