Ignitech start point.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
I recently recieved a Ignitech kit. Install was fairly simple. Programming is a bit more difficult. With the kit came a disc with what I assume are programmed set-ups. When I try to upload a set up I get a text (key). Which I don't understand. I'm just trying to get a starting program for basically a stock 96vmax with cops. I've searched for it online and forums and there seems to be everything but the basic program set up for vmax. Does anybody have screen shots of there basic set-up?
233e4f313aaca460a16d9da5fa210acd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

:eusa_dance: Update, Thanks to Morleys Muscle I have a good starting point. I set it and the Beast roared to life once again. Im excited to figure out what tune works best. Thanks again to Morley's Muscle for the Ignitech kit and great customer service.

hi there. how did you connect the set up, did you use the "new vmax wire harness" or the "old vmax wire harness"? did you connect the vboost servo to the new modul and did you make any adjustments to the stock wire harness? and how was the setup itself?

The set up was pretty much plug and play. I used the new vmax harness for my 96. The servo plugged right into the the unit.

I've been reading a bit here and there about the Ignitech here on the forum. Did anyone ever dyno a bike to find out what was the best tune or was it just 'seat of the pants' testing?
If dyno'd, what were the results?
Thanks and very sorry if this was already covered somewhere. I'm searching now, but don't see the answers I'm looking for.
Vinnie

Many of us are using the #2 Dyna curve, with success. Careful on over doing it. The pinging from too much advance is difficult to hear on a Vmax. And it can be disastrous to your engine. I don't recall any dramatic HP increases from using the Ignatech unit. The reliability, and the rev limiter are well worth it. Along with V-boost control and the other useful features. And, the price compared to a new O.E.M. unit is very reasonable.

Many of us are using the #2 Dyna curve, with success. Careful on over doing it. The pinging from too much advance is difficult to hear on a Vmax. And it can be disastrous to your engine. I don't recall any dramatic HP increases from using the Ignatech unit. The reliability, and the rev limiter are well worth it. Along with V-boost control and the other useful features. And, the price compared to a new O.E.M. unit is very reasonable.
The #2 curve??? Where can I find that one?

Thanks, I got a little holiday coming up in the end of december. A perfect oppertunity to figure it out

I am also using the #2 Dyna curve with a few minor tweaks. The more I mess around with it the more I like it. I'm sad to say the snow has come to town and I think my riding is done around here for the season. Oh well, I guess I'll have to get the rest of my fix it list and mods done for next spring.

Hello
I hook up to this post because I also bought an Ignitech control unit and soon I will install it on my bike.
I have a 1993 Vmax 1200 with 40mm Keihin FCR, Cops, and original American type mufflers.
Given your experience, could someone give me some tried and tested configuration files?
or some screen shot of the various pages to be able to extrapolate the configuration?
Thank you!!!!
Marco

Back