What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished my Mark's Performance pipes install and shimmed the footpeg mounts to move the cans out a bit from the shocks, they were uncomfortably close.

Shimmed the carb needles .038" and took it out for a romp. The shimming was very successful, there's no sign of leanness anywhere in the power range, throttle response is 'right there,' she's ready to go anytime I am!!

Just need to run a fuel mileage test now, if that works out then I'm done with this mod.

I'm very pleased with Mark's pipes, his quality is excellent and the sound is just plain awsome! I know some have had trouble getting hold of him but I didn't find that to be the case, prolly talked to him 8 or 10 times and always got through.

Here's a couple pics of the pipes and the third pic is the view the 'other guys' see most often. :biglaugh:

I still say this thing is like driving around in a big block modified.....just a lot faster!! :clapping:

Attachments

• 100_1555.jpg
    100_1555.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_1558.jpg
    100_1558.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_1559.jpg
    100_1559.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 42
looks great the bracket is basicly the same except your looks a little taller and is black. I wanted my stuff by a certain time, he didn't have black it would have taken longer. So I got just billet and then it got to me late :damn angry:
I do like the way the billet looks also. I just made a angle shim and put it were I wanted it.

I had Tom make a custom mount for my Harlan light based on the raptor mount. I didn't like the angle that it set the shift light at so I filed a angle on the bracket where it mounts to the speedometer bolt. It now is at a much better angle and in line with the speedometer.

Those black pipes look awesome Danny - very nice. Hey are your scoops powder coated or are they the stock black scoops? I like the red lettering

Finished my Mark's Performance pipes install and shimmed the footpeg mounts to move the cans out a bit from the shocks, they were uncomfortably close.

Shimmed the carb needles .038" and took it out for a romp. The shimming was very successful, there's no sign of leanness anywhere in the power range, throttle response is 'right there,' she's ready to go anytime I am!!

Just need to run a fuel mileage test now, if that works out then I'm done with this mod.

I'm very pleased with Mark's pipes, his quality is excellent and the sound is just plain awsome! I know some have had trouble getting hold of him but I didn't find that to be the case, prolly talked to him 8 or 10 times and always got through.

Here's a couple pics of the pipes and the third pic is the view the 'other guys' see most often. :biglaugh:

I still say this thing is like driving around in a big block modified.....just a lot faster!! :clapping:
Looks great Danny! Remember to smile at all times because people are gonna be watching you! I get a laugh what some people do to see what muscle car is coming down the road and it's just little 'ol Redbone. Glad you're happy with the setup, I'm happy with mine for sure!:punk:

Those black pipes look awesome Danny - very nice. Hey are your scoops powder coated or are they the stock black scoops? I like the red lettering

Those are 'home grown' Dave. The bike was pretty well smashed up when I bought it, and having no idea how it was going to turn out so I kept the cost as low as possible...I bought the scoops off e bay for very little, they were really junk, repaired and painted them gloss/flat black and did the letters in red automotive lacquer.

Thanks for the compliments! :worthy:

Mike, the black ceramic coating was supposed to only take a week or so longer but the guy who does it for Mark took a header on a dirt bike and broke his collarbone.

So, the week turned into about a month, but Mark took 15% off the bill for the inconvenience so I ended up with them for $696 total!!
That was really decent of him IMO!!

Looks great Danny! Remember to smile at all times because people are gonna be watching you! I get a laugh what some people do to see what muscle car is coming down the road and it's just little 'ol Redbone. Glad you're happy with the setup, I'm happy with mine for sure!:punk:

I know Brian...ALL heads turn, kids, pregnant ladies, old guys...it kinda makes me a little uneasy, being a low profile type, but I bet I'll be getting used to it real soon!!! :eusa_dance:

Did you raise the needles? It made a world of difference with Sallymax.

those pipes sure look sweet on your bike man. you gotta post a short video clip so i can hear those puppies roar!!!!

those pipes sure look sweet on your bike man. you gotta post a short video clip so i can hear those puppies roar!!!!

I would if I had the equipment Tugla, but I don't...sorry! Brian put a clip of Redbone on and it sounds like his.....mean and nasty!!!

My mother-in-law loved it...really...she friggin' loved it!!! My wife says it sounds nice...but I know she's just saying that to make me feel good. :biglaugh:

Sally max is lookin great Dan...
Love the blacked out look too.
Can't wait to hear them in person on the next brownie run! :thumbs up:

Couldnt get the bike to start today cause my battery tender don`t work
no more but, I made almost 2 feet of really big poo.:party::party::party::ummm::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>

very nice danny! i like 'em

got my holeshots on tonight, unable to evne run the bike it was too late by the time everything was buttoned up.

no issues to speak of (for a change) yet. will update tomorrow ith pics and a test run.

Sallymax is looking goood, Danny!

Those Mark's pipes look great in black.

As far as the looks, etc... you'll get used to it :punk:

Mike

Re-installed the steel clutch plates that got beadblasted, clutch friction plates after having sat in oil for a day, and the 2nd clutch spring thanks to Firewrench. There is a definite difference in lever pull. And for the 30 seconds I was on it from my dad's garage back to my place, I did notice the clutch engaging a LOT quicker (if that's a good word to use to describe it). I'm going for about a 5-6 hour ride tomorrow, so we'll see how the bike.....and my left hand..... likes that new DD setup.

very nice danny! i like 'em

got my holeshots on tonight, unable to evne run the bike it was too late by the time everything was buttoned up.

no issues to speak of (for a change) yet. will update tomorrow ith pics and a test run.

Great Garrett!! Prolly a good idea you wait till daybreak for a 'test fire'!! :biglaugh: Can't wait for a report!!

Remember Vmaxride06 & Bill Kratz's holeshots during the Brownie Run? Those poor ol' souls up in the graveyard are still rattling around at night!! It's been 2 months and some of them haven't gotten over it YET!!! :rofl_200:

The pipe's look fu--ing awesome and just loved the blacked out look that the bike has,my hats off to you and your package is in the mail,shhh dont tell the custom's people,lol.

Thanks a lot everybody!! Part of the next Brownie Run program will be a scheduled Saturday morning ride through dowtown Chatham, say around 9-10 am.....just when the 'civilians' are enjoying a nice morning tea at the sidewalk cafes!! :punk:

That was just too cool this year, and some guys still hadn't arrived....next year...EVERYBODY gets to go!! Prolly better save up a little extra coin....excessive noise violations, shattered store windows, etc.!! :rofl_200:

Mum's the word Shel....I don't talk to the customs people anyway, most of 'em are a bunch of dickheads!! :biglaugh:

Thanks a lot for the 'care package'!! :worthy:

danny

started her up with the new pipes and the oddysey battery. love the noise up close and its a bit quiter from a far.. prefect..

no test ride yet as there was a tiny bit of smoke coming off the headers/exhaust port...

normal with the ceramic coating/new gaskets?

Back