Jedi brake adaptors and rear wavy rotor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98Redlne

Reaction score
I am trying to reassemble my rear brake after installing the new wavy disk.
Just getting back to it after this last incident (Rotor bolt fiasco)

Possibly I am just brain dead today (it's been a pretty rough week) but I can't seem to get this to work.

I have one of Jedi's brake adapters and one of the ebay/china wavy rotors. The problem is I have an interference issue between the banjo on the end of the brake line and and either the adapter or the actual rear brake bracket.

I tried just about every conceivable angle and can't come up with a way that things will fit together.

I have a set of Galfer SS braided lines on the rear, I don't think that is specifically the issue but I can not seem to get the damn thing together.....:bang head:

Anybody have a pic of their wavy rotor installation I can use as a reference?

Yea, I saw that, and that is how I have things mounted.

In any case I was able to get a resolution with a bit of not so fancy dremel tool work. I ground the little nub that keeps the banjo from swinging around, flush with the rest of the caliper. This allowed the banjo to get into a position that just allowed it to fit together.

Now the rear end is finally back together. On to the front disks, progressive springs and Ricor Intimidators and a full brake/clutch bleed. Then it should be ridable again.

With my work schedule I am guessing that it will be next weekend before I get to those items.

Latest posts

Back