Lost a long time friend today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shredder

Reaction score
A good friend of mine just started riding this year. He rode a yamaha r6. I went with him earlier this year to look at the bike. I told him to buy it. There was snow on the ground so i even put it in my truck and hauled it home for him.

I warned him from the beggining to mind his p's and q's on that bike. That even know it was a 600 it was fast and he could get hurt.

He learned how to ride the bike and started to become overly confident. I told him to slow down and take it easy. I kept telling him "You're gonna skin your ass boy"

He started riding with a new group of guys that invites him down to the tail of the dragon. Alot of us told him not to go because he wasnt experience enough. Ive been there twice but he didnt wanna listen to me.

Well today while he was down there he was going through a corner and crossed the yellow line while a semi truck was coming the opposite way and crossed the yellow line. They hit eachother head on.........

He had 2 broken arms amd his lungs had collapsed. He was in the hospital amd his lumgs filled up with fluid and he passed away today.

Its really a sad day. Im heart broken. Cant wait to ride with my brother again someday in heaven.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Very sorry to hear that Shredder-I've lost a brother and it's never easy. I lost a 72 year old master mechanic at Bonneville last week and it still hurts.
Thoughts are with you and may he rest in peace and hope you rest a little easier.

Very sorry to hear of your friends passing. It was my understanding semis were not allowed on the Dragon.

Sorry to hear Chris, The Dragon has taken a lot of lives over the years, not a good place to be overly confident, was this the young man I met at the Fox motorsports bike night?...................................Tom.

Oh man..So sorry about your loss.. May he rest in peace..

Sorry to hear Chris, The Dragon has taken a lot of lives over the years, not a good place to be overly confident, was this the young man I met at the Fox motorsports bike night?...................................Tom.
No tom that was brandon.

Do you remember when me you and joe rode to millenium park and my two buddies met us there? Ne had the yellow katana and the other one had the black r6? It was derek with the black r6.

Very sorry to hear of your friends passing. It was my understanding semis were not allowed on the Dragon.
Im not sure they were on the dragon itself. But they were one of the roads down there.

Sorry for your loss Brother. Don't blame yourself for any of this. It was his choice to ignore the advise of others. Overconfidence is a looming danger for all of us. It's almost gotten me too many times to count. :Sad: It's taken too many of my Friends and Brothers

My condolences Shredder. May he RIP. No one ever has "too much" experience. And experience comes slowly. I high-sided badly when I first learned to ride, I made out ok because there was grass there. But years later it happened to me again, along with another incident. Most caused by going in too hot. Careful is the word.

Sorry to hear Chris, condolences man try to remember the good times, prayers :eek:(

Sorry to hear about that. My condolences.

Sometimes people listen, sometimes they don't. Unfortunately, he should have had more experience before taking on a challenging route like that, or have done it on something with 1/3 the HP. Maybe a KTM 390. Plenty of fun to have on something super-agile, but not so-powerful.

It's tough to lose a brother. I for one have been bitten being over confident as I suspect most of the rest of the forum has at one time or another. It's sad that the result was as tragic as this one. My prayers go out to you, his family and the truck driver. I imagine he's pretty well traumatized.

Latest posts

Back