Purchased First V-Max, now what?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always spray a little wd40 or inox in the mixture screw holes and then plug them. Also the right side Spark plug recesses will hold standing water after a wash, I blow them out with air pressure to make sure they don't corrode as well. Actually I blow all 4 out.

Matt

One more thing with any screw that is frozen. It might be obvious to some but many people don't think of it. Simply get a hard handled screw driver that fits and then gently tap it with a hammer. It is surprising how many times that bit of a jolt will be all it takes to break it free.

Matt

Thanks gents, all good info. Will let you know how it turns out, otherwise I may have to drill them out.

Ok, long time overdue. Gave up on AF screw, stuck good. good news is bike is finally running. Took forever to get the time to finish what I started. Fuel tank was rusted, sealed it, then had no spark or fuel, not sure which it ended up being but picked up a new battery, thanks for the recommendation by dragmaxster, tinkered with the fuel lines/pump and hooked up new battery and away we go. Need a carb sync if someone's local to so cal. Hoping the "backfire" out of the front right carb is a sync issue. Slide was sticking but took it apart, wiped it down and checked the seat on the diaphragm and works fine now. Hope to be done for a while and enjoy the ride.

Latest posts

Back