battery cca

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayber

Reaction score
is 175cca battery enough to crank max easily?

Good cause it damn sure wont crank it without jumping. Charging system is strong. Wont turn it over fast enough to start it. I put on new cables and cleaned all grounds and even rebuilt the starter assuring it was good contacts in case as well.
So I hope a new higher cca battery will cure.

just ordered it so ill report how it works next week

Dragmaxster turned me on to that battery last year and omg does it crank every time- hot or cold. Many thanks.:clapping:

It was actually $30 cheaper than the 175cca one I purchased :bang head:

Dragmaxster turned me on to that battery last year and omg does it crank every time- hot or cold. Many thanks.:clapping:
And I'm guessing he read about it here since he only joined this forum a few months ago. ;)

Review:\

Well it does crank the bike but not like I expected it to do. Still a little hesitant for my comfort zone. Maybe Ill go ahead and step up to the 4 brush starter.

Between the batter and the starter my bike starts like new ones.. I used to clean the contacts in the starter and make sure it had a good connection almost yearly.. The 4 pole is a good starter.. I am sure you can get a used one that will last you for the bike...

Funny I read reviews that say with good grounding the 2 brush is fine but guess in my situation it isnt. It starts hot or cold but not to my standards. Guess Ill hit up ebay for a 4brush

someone tell him about the red wire mod. it's been so long ago i forgot what all . I had to do.

Between the batter and the starter my bike starts like new ones.. I used to clean the contacts in the starter and make sure it had a good connection almost yearly.. The 4 pole is a good starter.. I am sure you can get a used one that will last you for the bike...

A new one is $79 shipped on E-Bay. I'm waiting for my own to arrive. That and a new battery with 420 cca, and new cables. "When in doubt throw it out" Not starting right up hot is not an option for me.

Yes Ive already eliminated the crimp wire. Ive also ran new cables. Charging isnt a problem. It has to be the starter itself. Ill soon find out.
sdt which seller on ebay are you buying from?

Back