New to the forum and the V-max!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinPhoenix

Reaction score
I have been looking to get a bike for years now and have settled on the V-max! I've read a lot about what year models to shoot for, which to avoid, how to buy, etc etc This site is AWESOME! I appreciate all of the knowledge so far.

Does anybody live around the Austin, TX area or know of any shops that are pretty knowledgeable about these bikes? I want to make sure I know where to go and who to talk to. I've also had a tough time finding a bike salvage yard around here as well. Any help is much appreciated!

As soon as I decide which one to grab, I'll post some pics!

Welcome,

I live in the Houston area and don't know of any "specialty" vmax shops anywhere in Texas.

I do know of one independent shop in Katy Texas that has a mechanic who gets rave reviews on his Vmax work

Are you looking to buy a "builder", I ask since you mentioned salvage yards.

It took forever for me to find the one I wanted, hell, it was tough even finding any at all for sale to go look at locally.

I ended up getting it out of Ft. Worth through the cycle trader.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions here, we're here to help.

Rusty

Thanks WF!

My girl lives out in Lake Jackson, so I'm in that area a few times a month. You'll have to tell me where that shop is once I get one! Some shops are better at certain projects ya know.

I wouldn't mind snagging a builder, but finding a scrap/salvage yard would be the first step. ha! I mainly ask because I've always gotten parts for cars from yards...cheap, you can watch them pull it off, ask questions about doing the work, and get really awesome stuff for next to nothing!!

When me and my buddies rebuild cars, forums are better than haynes manuals! I'll appreciate any advice you all will give.

On another note, my girl is BANGIN HOT!! I'm gonna have her MOLESTING the bike when I take pics to show you guys!! haha So the sooner I find one, the sooner I'll have pics up! And all of my female friends are smoking hot too...so expect some hot pics!!

Welcome to the forum. I am from the Katy area (West Houston). I just got my V-max a few weeks ago, Brand new 2007 was just sitting there at Houston Yamaha. Okay I paid dealer price but it is brand new, full warranty, and I love the red flames on black. I don't know of any shops as I am also new to the max, but one of the sales guys had been a max rider for years and I found him to be very usefull. Side note if you are still looking for a bike. THey had a 2005 with like 9000 miles sitting there as well. Someone traded in for a larger cruiser. I think they wanted like 8grand for it but it looked great. Had the special aniversery badges and all, I personally prefer new and could afford it so I skipped it. Side note, that used one was still there when I dropped in last week, it already has sissy bar, fly screen, motor protectors, and it sounded great when they started it up. Well anyways back to the purpose of this post, WELCOME

Back