Disney World...where dreams come true.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_Owens

Reaction score
We had planned a trip to Disney World before my father passed away. I wasn't really much in the mood to go, but it was paid for, and at 2200 bucks, you don't just throw that away, so we went. We were there from this past Wednesday 'till Sunday.

All the banners, ads and commercials tell you, "DISNEY! Where dreams come true."

For my six year old daughter, they're absolutely correct. I have never been more happy in my life...to see her that happy. I was in a constant state of tears watching her. We did EVERYTHING together. My wife just can't do rides. That part was a bit of a bummer, but it's the way she is. Typical Russian.

For me though, being my first trip ever at age 40, I figured it would be like Six Flags: Some rides, some overpriced junk and a lot of headache. I was totally wrong. It really is a magical place. A place where things for your children are real. Hell...they ARE. They're all actually THERE!

My daughter (remember, this is a six year old) actually said to me on Friday as we were walking along, "Daddy, you know, Cinderella should be in non-fiction because she's really real."

She's right. Sharp as a tack, that one.

So, do dreams come true for us? No, not really...unless you count seeing them come true for your children.

I'll tell you this though: It's the fountain of youth. I was 10 again. I shit you not, folks. I saw the world one more time like I did when I was a kid. Full of fun, happiness, love and good times. Nothing other than that existed.

If you've never been, if your kid has never been, for God's sake drop what you're doing and grab your kids hand and get your ass to Disney World. Right now!

You'll thank me. I mean really...where else can you play with your kid and you actually are their age? Trust me. You will be their age. Just one more time...and you'll see EVERYTHING the same as they do. A wonderful, beautiful place where there is no pain, no sorrow, no bullshit...none of that. Only love, fun, dreams and good times.

All the best,
Tom

The first time I went, I was 5. I told my parents that all of the characters were just people in suits...except Mickey Mouse. He was real.

So, I was jaded and skeptical even at 5....but I did feel some of the magic! :biglaugh:

It is a really fun place, I have been a couple of times since. I need to take my kids there before they are too old. My son is 10 and my daughter 7.

Sounds like you had a great time, that is wonderful!

Mike

Hi Tom,

My family goes about twice a year. Little off topic, but we love the fact you can drink. Everywhere but the Magic Kingdom that is.

Just got back, did 15 days in Jan-Feb. Will be going back Nov 9th, or so.
Boarwalk Feb 08
BoardwalkFeb08.jpg

Sunset in the World Showcase, EPCOT 08
WorldShowcase08.jpg

Animal Kingdom Lodge
100_0472.jpg

Disney was fun fornthe kids ...but the food was not that good

Disney was fun fornthe kids ...but the food was not that good

Wow,
Where did you eat?
Le Cellier Steakhouse, Teppan Edo, Yakitori House, Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room, Biergarten?

Some of the best food I ever stuffed in my face.
Make reservations early and enjoy some great "non" american dishes.

Wow,
Where did you eat?
Le Cellier Steakhouse, Teppan Edo, Yakitori House, Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room, Biergarten?

Some of the best food I ever stuffed in my face.
Make reservations early and enjoy some great "non" american dishes.
none of those places stayed at wilderness hotel inside disney

We had planned a trip to Disney World before my father passed away. I wasn't really much in the mood to go, but it was paid for, and at 2200 bucks, you don't just throw that away, so we went. We were there from this past Wednesday 'till Sunday.

All the banners, ads and commercials tell you, "DISNEY! Where dreams come true."

For my six year old daughter, they're absolutely correct. I have never been more happy in my life...to see her that happy. I was in a constant state of tears watching her. We did EVERYTHING together. My wife just can't do rides. That part was a bit of a bummer, but it's the way she is. Typical Russian.

For me though, being my first trip ever at age 40, I figured it would be like Six Flags: Some rides, some overpriced junk and a lot of headache. I was totally wrong. It really is a magical place. A place where things for your children are real. Hell...they ARE. They're all actually THERE!

My daughter (remember, this is a six year old) actually said to me on Friday as we were walking along, "Daddy, you know, Cinderella should be in non-fiction because she's really real."

She's right. Sharp as a tack, that one.

So, do dreams come true for us? No, not really...unless you count seeing them come true for your children.

I'll tell you this though: It's the fountain of youth. I was 10 again. I shit you not, folks. I saw the world one more time like I did when I was a kid. Full of fun, happiness, love and good times. Nothing other than that existed.

If you've never been, if your kid has never been, for God's sake drop what you're doing and grab your kids hand and get your ass to Disney World. Right now!

You'll thank me. I mean really...where else can you play with your kid and you actually are their age? Trust me. You will be their age. Just one more time...and you'll see EVERYTHING the same as they do. A wonderful, beautiful place where there is no pain, no sorrow, no bullshit...none of that. Only love, fun, dreams and good times.

All the best,
Tom

Glad you recaptured some of the fountain of youth Tom, Like you I don't get out much having left the state for a vacation only once.

I happy to hear that for a moment in time, all lifes bullshit stopped, and gave you some peace. :punk:

Sounds like you gave your daughter a memory that she will keep for a lifetime!

Biergarten.

I mentioned my fathers name and was seated immediately on the floor, table center for the show and eats & drinks were free for all of us. I was very proud that they remembered him. (Especially given that most of them were so young.)

Sounds like you gave your daughter a memory that she will keep for a lifetime!

God, I certainly hope so. Even if not, she gave me memories that I will keep for the rest of my life. Hopefully, God willing, those memories will be what I see on my death bed as I go.

I actually prayed on that last night. For those memories to be what I take with me.

My other prayer is that I'm still alive and still able to get around decently when I'm 65. If so, rest assured my grandchild is getting an all expeses paid trip.

But I have selfish motives. I'd like to be 10 again with my grandchild...and, God willing, I will be. Hopefully, my daughter will join in and make it a threesome.

The more, the merrier!

Regards,
Tom

Hey Tom, glad you enjoyed Disney. I took my family for their first visit there in October for the MNSSHP. I dropped a boat load of money there thinking it would be a one time trip thing....NOT.... any ways looks like we're going back this December. There is that magical feel, especially for the kids. My kids still keep talking about the trip.

IMG_0569.jpg

Holy crap Buster! You didn't tell me that you looked just like Buzz Lightyear!

Mark

Tom,

Here's a few photos if ya wanna "Save as" go ahead.

Attachments

• 100_1444.jpg
    100_1444.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1452.jpg
    100_1452.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_1466.jpg
    100_1466.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1476.jpg
    100_1476.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 3
Buster, don't hate me for this, man...but your daughter...

I tell you.

Add 50 years on her and she is the spitting image of Margaret Thatcher.

Here's hoping she's as successful as Margaret was.

Regards,
Tom

Latest posts

Back