Good ol USPS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
I just sold my stock mufflers to a guy in France, for $300 plus $125 in shipping on eBay.

I mummy wrapped the pipes and put them in a double layered box for shipping. Payed an extra $25 for faster shipping.

I get email today that the pipes have arrived and now has a fifty cent piece sized dent in them.

Dude sent me a picture of the box. WOW, looked like they just flew over France and threw it out of the airplaine.

Attachments

• Package.jpg
    Package.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 35
If sent by EMS they have additional insurance you can get for a few bucks but you should give the buyer the option of getting it so you're not on the hook for damage

If sent by EMS they have additional insurance you can get for a few bucks but you should give the buyer the option of getting it so you're not on the hook for damage

He requested USPS, and to put value of $100 (something to do with French customs) on the packing slip.

The banged up part on the box, isn't where the legs of the pipes are. So I don't know where this dent came from.

I told him when he files the claim, there are 6 pictures on the auction site that shows the pipes with no damage, and that will help. I've done everything I can do from my part.

This isn't the first time I've had stuff messed up in tha mail, I've had a computer sent to me, that the USPS guy stuck a forklift tyne through it. I went to pick it is and there's this gaping whole that went clean through the box and tower.

I do shipping all day long. UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, and various freight companies.
Doesn't matter who you use, they always beat stuff up.
Always pack stuff well so that it doesn't move inside the box, and put enough packing in it so that the box doesn't crush,is the best advice I can give.

And always insure the package for the replacement cost of the item.
That way you could have gotten a nice check from USPS, refunded his money and had some pocket change to boot.

I do shipping all day long. UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, and various freight companies.
Doesn't matter who you use, they always beat stuff up.
Always pack stuff well so that it doesn't move inside the box, and put enough packing in it so that the box doesn't crush,is the best advice I can give.

And always insure the package for the replacement cost of the item.
That way you could have gotten a nice check from USPS, refunded his money and had some pocket change to boot.

There is ample insureance to cover what the guy payed for the pipes. But pisses me off there is now more paperwork and red-tape, and I really really hate when nice things get messed up.

I used to ship medical supplies with a lot of delicate stuff. Our rule was if you could throw it up 10' off a wall and the contents would not be damaged(just in theory, never really threw it, hehe) then it was packaged properly. Let's just say we had a lot of box within a box type shipments.

You did your job. The package is insured to the Frenchman's specifications.

It's his problem. Full stop.

Regards,
Tom

THAT REALY SUCKS ! THEY WERE BRANDNEW ! :bang head: IF THEY WERE COMING TO ME , I'D BE FLIPPING OUT ! MAILING STUFF SUCKS !

Latest posts

Back