Drag bar risers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.n2o

Reaction score
I have drag bars on my bike with no risers. If I ride long enough I get uncomfortable between my shoulder blades. I love them for track/spirited riding but not long rides get to me after about 100 miles. My question is do any of you guys run the drag bars with aftermarket risers and notice a more pleasurable riding experience ? Just looking for some feedback.

I ran the UFO drag bars with no risers and liked it for a long time, eventually it got a little tiring tho', tiring in my wrists cause the pull back wasn't enough so my wrists weren't at a good angle, and tiring also cause of the added weight on my wrists because of the forward position.

I've never run the risers but what I did do achieved a VERY similar result.

Instead of risers I threw a set of the Pro-Taper SE Series in the Carmichael Bend on and am very pleased.
They have slightly more pull back than most drag bars, getting the wrist angle better for me, and about 2" rise, much more comfortable. 31" wide.

I'm 6', 225lb, and am also running "mild"rear sets. Mild in that they are only back about 2" over stock and up about an 1" over stock.

The Pro Tapers also they have that cool dirt bike cross bar...cool to me at least..its a conversation starter.

That cross bar did exactly the opposite of what I though it would do and virtually eliminated the last of the buzz I had from running solid motor mounts too!

I thought of this because my Honda XR650L had them, I pulled them off the XR and gave it a shot, then bought another pair to replace them on the XR.

Pro-Tapers are usually about $60-65

Good price on the riser! I sell the Gen Mars and usually have black and silver on hand (just sent the black out to be black chromed so I only have a silver on hand right now). The ebay pricing is even cheaper then dealer so not sure what brand it is.

Getting rid of the stock risers is one of my big goals. WAY too much pullback for me. (and rise too)
I will be going to clip-on bars. I fina I am much more comfy with a good lean and with my arms forward.

Latest posts

Back