Solid rubber tires..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
July 3, had a flat on the rear of the Roadstar. I was about 15 miles from home and 25 from my friends shop. We used AAA towing to get the bike to Tims shop. A day and a new Michelin tube later, I'm back up.

I went out to the garage yesterday afternoon, the damn rear tire is flat again.. I pumped it up, and the air came hissing out the area of the valve stem. Tim came and got the bike, and apologized for what appears to be either a bad tube, or a pinched tube.

I went 40 years without getting a flat that stranded me. Now 2 in one week...

I did upgrade my AAA to motorcycle towing. If I could get a set of cast wheels for the Roadie, I'd swap in a minute. Nothing like tubeless tires.

I feel your pain Bill. On the hook sucks. I get towing from Progressive Insurance. But it pays for only up to 15 miles. They do get you a deal if you pay on the phone roadside. Ir cost me $94. to go 41 miles home. Not bad. VMF Roadside assistance is still going. But you have to be in range of another member. And it's free.
I carry a plug kit, which wouldn't help with tubes, but also a small 12 volt compressor. So far the compressor has only been used by other bikes on the road. Which reminds me, if you see someone on the side of the road, stop and see if you can help them out.

I always do. Years back, a member of one of the badass MCs in the area was on the side of the road broke down. I stopped and asked him if I could help out. We had no cell phones back then, and there was no way to get him assistance. I wound up giving him a ride to the clubhouse on my 650 Yamaha. The club members were really appreciative that I'd give him a hand.

My AAA plan gives 100 mile flatbed. Just got a call. Tim said the tube was pinched. Going to pick it up now..

Glad you got it fixed, Bill. Still a time-waster, but that's life.

I had several tubeless valve stems bad on an install, one after the other. The tech was getting frustrated, but the stems were coming off the shelf of his employer, so contact your supplier, and bitch at him.

I've pinched a tube from time to time, on my dirt bike I'd patch them, if possible, but not on a street bike. Happens on my road and off-road bicycles once in awhile, but since those have Kevlar beads, they can be changed w/literally no tools.

Apparently no one here belongs to the AMA........towing for all your vehicles and drivers is included in the yearly dues! No brainer IMHO.

Apparently no one here belongs to the AMA........towing for all your vehicles and drivers is included in the yearly dues! No brainer IMHO.

Tks for posting. I belonged years ago but the towing option wasn't what I wanted, I'll see what's going on there now. AAA doesn't tow bikes in Ma. unfortunately.

No motorcycle coverage in FL for AAA membership, either.

Tks for posting. I belonged years ago but the towing option wasn't what I wanted, I'll see what's going on there now. AAA doesn't tow bikes in Ma. unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back