Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a 98 needs a bit of minor work. Can't wait to get it done.
Hope to enjoy the sight.

Hey guys, Just picked up a purple 93 with 10600 miles on it.
It's in great shape and needs a lil TLC as it hasn't ran for 2 years.
It does start and when I went to look at it it was smoking real bad.
I took it up the block twice, ran great but was still smoking.
I negotiated a price with the seller, and took it home.
When I took it out I started it up and there was no smoke!
To day my son took it around the block, got on it a little, and there was a tiny hint of smoke.
It almost seams to be getting better.
ANYWAY, sorry for the long post and can't wait to ride it and enjoy it!

Thanks

Chris

Welcome stagn and 93!
Where's the photos?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'll get some up!
Went to DMV at lunch time to register it! :biglaugh:
Took it for a short ride before the rain set in.
It has crazy foam grips that are not too reassuring with this bike!
That's the 1st thing to go!
I'm use to mx grips on my KTM's.
Next is to get the OLD gas out of there.

Here's a few. It's dirty so go easy on me.

Attachments

• IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2356.jpg
    IMG_2356.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2357.jpg
    IMG_2357.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 10
I'll get some up!
Went to DMV at lunch time to register it! :biglaugh:
Took it for a short ride before the rain set in.
It has crazy foam grips that are not too reassuring with this bike!
That's the 1st thing to go!
I'm use to mx grips on my KTM's.
Next is to get the OLD gas out of there.

There is a drain screw on the bottom of the gas tank.

Hey ALL!!

Happy New and very proud owner of an 06' with just under 7k miles on her

Went from an 01 Kawi ZRX1200r which i had for some time to a 08 FZ1 Retro which i just got and realized was not for me to my new Vmax.....and i LOVE it, just what the Doctor ordered and Really looks good next to my 1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator with 5000 original miles on it (you Ol'time Vmax guys should know that bike lol)

Anyhoot's really happy with this bike after a few rides really allows me to "enjoy the ride" rather than just ride the bike if that makes any sense

Bike is stock with K&N added, bar ends, led turn sig's, tail light, wind screen, and redone/upgraded seat.

Now if i can just Buy some time to ride it all will be well!!

Attachments

• IMG_3544.jpg
    IMG_3544.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3545.JPG
    IMG_3545.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3546.JPG
    IMG_3546.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 23
Hey ALL!!

Happy New and very proud owner of an 06' with just under 7k miles on her

Went from an 01 Kawi ZRX1200r which i had for some time to a 08 FZ1 Retro which i just got and realized was not for me to my new Vmax.....and i LOVE it, just what the Doctor ordered and Really looks good next to my 1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator with 5000 original miles on it (you Ol'time Vmax guys should know that bike lol)

Anyhoot's really happy with this bike after a few rides really allows me to "enjoy the ride" rather than just ride the bike if that makes any sense

Bike is stock with K&N added, bar ends, led turn sig's, tail light, wind screen, and redone/upgraded seat.

Now if i can just Buy some time to ride it all will be well!!

Welcome!!

Nice Bike (oh, yea, and the other too) ;)

Nice chevelle as well. You got good taste. :clapping:

T$

Whats up fellas, retread newbie here. After a 12 year hiatus from VMX ownership, I'm back in the V4 saddle again. Sold my '97 Max in 2005 to fund my '80 CB-X purchase, but I knew I'd be back, which is why I kept my VMax Corbin w/ marine deck fill attachment, backrest, sport rack and Furber washer lol. Bought a clean '99 in late May. Unfortunately, I've only put about 200 miles on it since, due to a combination of catching up on deferred maintenance, pulling and thoroughly cleaning the carbs to fix light throttle lean surge / poor drivability, and the shit-eating Seattle-esque eternally wet weather we've been suffering through out here in eastern Pennsyltucky.

A little about me... I'm a chemist by trade and have worked in the lab, in chemical sales, and also as a HS chemistry teacher. I've been riding since 1973 when I bought my first bike, a clapped out Yamaha mini-enduro with no kick start lever. I've been a big Yamaha fan ever since, but I also own a smattering of other marques, incuding a '96 Kawasaki GPz1100 and an '80 Honda CB-X. I'm a self-taught mechanic and I do all of my own repairs and maintenance on my small vintage Japanese fleet of motorcycles. I also run a small word-of-mouth mc repair business out of my garage, specializing in getting 15+ yr old neglected garage/shed queens back on the road? My dream collection is six bikes with one through six cylinders. Right now, with 1, 2, 4, and 6 cyl bikes in my stable, I'm 2/3 of the way there, just need a triple and an unobtanium 5-cylinder (maybe I'll give Al Millyard a call lol).

In any event, I've been having fun getting this beast back into fighting shape, and will continue to read the past posts that are full of good information. TIA for y'alls help and I look forward to both receiving as well as providing assitance when and where I can.

Whats up fellas, retread newbie here. After a 12 year hiatus from VMX ownership, I'm back in the V4 saddle again. Sold my '97 Max in 2005 to fund my '80 CB-X purchase, but I knew I'd be back, which is why I kept my VMax Corbin w/ marine deck fill attachment, backrest, sport rack and Furber washer lol. Bought a clean '99 in late May. Unfortunately, I've only put about 200 miles on it since, due to a combination of catching up on deferred maintenance, pulling and thoroughly cleaning the carbs to fix light throttle lean surge / poor drivability, and the shit-eating Seattle-esque eternally wet weather we've been suffering through out here in eastern Pennsyltucky.

A little about me... I'm a chemist by trade and have worked in the lab, in chemical sales, and also as a HS chemistry teacher. I've been riding since 1973 when I bought my first bike, a clapped out Yamaha mini-enduro with no kick start lever. I've been a big Yamaha fan ever since, but I also own a smattering of other marques, incuding a '96 Kawasaki GPz1100 and an '80 Honda CB-X. I'm a self-taught mechanic and I do all of my own repairs and maintenance on my small vintage Japanese fleet of motorcycles. I also run a small word-of-mouth mc repair business out of my garage, specializing in getting 15+ yr old neglected garage/shed queens back on the road? My dream collection is six bikes with one through six cylinders. Right now, with 1, 2, 4, and 6 cyl bikes in my stable, I'm 2/3 of the way there, just need a triple and an unobtanium 5-cylinder (maybe I'll give Al Millyard a call lol).

In any event, I've been having fun getting this beast back into fighting shape, and will continue to read the past posts that are full of good information. TIA for y'alls help and I look forward to both receiving as well as providing assitance when and where I can.
Welcome and glad to have you on here. A chemist and HS teacher? Should we call you Walter White?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Heya from Fort Lauderdale.

New member here - and non Vmax owner. But that's why I joined, as I want to get some pre-buy knowledge before I make this insane decision.

I am a previous motorcycle owner, having owned:
- CG-125 (sort of like a baby Rebel, while living in Brazil)
- Suzuki Intruder
- Yamaha Vstar 1100

But since I first set eyes on the Vmax (in a magazine actually, 25 yrs ago) I was intrigued by the shape, a monster on 2 wheels. Then, years later having moved to the US, was blown away seeing it in person. But I always had the mindset that Max was something out of reach, for crazy people.

Well I just turned 40, and going crazy because I don't have one! So there. Actively scouring Craigslist and Cycletrader in my pursuit.

Welcome to the forum. My first bike was a 95 Suzuki Intruder 800. Great bike.

This site can help you fix anything on a Vmax.

Welcome to the forum. My first bike was a 95 Suzuki Intruder 800. Great bike.

This site can help you fix anything on a Vmax.

Are you a pilot? Just curious, as your screen name is also the nickname of a Piper trainer aircraft (that had the tendency to scare newbie pilots when stalling)

Are you a pilot? Just curious, as your screen name is also the nickname of a Piper trainer aircraft (that had the tendency to scare newbie pilots when stalling)

No....LOL, but have been a Paramedic for MANY years. Thats funny about the piper trainer.

But I always had the mindset that Max was something out of reach, for crazy people.

You're probably a little right.

Happy searching! The Max is about the most fun you can have on 2 wheels. I got mine in February - also to satisfy the 40th birthday midlife....and I'll probably need a Gen 2 to fix the 45 year milestone.

Back