lets see your other toys...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought they had a locking rear diff stock? or is that something different? i don't know cars well. bikes yes, cars no...

this is something i can comment on. i know blazers very well... first off the "posi" isnt a posi, its a cam locked locking diff. it has a toothed ring on the diff, and if the speed of one wheel exceeds the other some weights fly out which allow a small cam to engage the ring on the diff. think of a flywheel and all of its teeth, then a screwdriver jamming itself into the ring gears teeth. same theory.

they are pretty decent, but you can blow them up quickly if one wheel spins Very fast before the other has a chance to lock in. boom...

to see if you have this option, look in your glove box at the white sticker with allof the codes. look for G80. thats the "posi" code. you can tell the gearing you have by looking for gu4 - 3.08, gu5 - 3.23, gu6 - 3.42 (most common), gt4 - 3.73(common), gt5 - 4.10(few v6, most 4 cyl)

i use this one when looking up gm codes. you learn stuff about your truck...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/rpo-code-lookup/

hope this helps,
peace,
evan....

Last edited:
this is something i can comment on. i know blazers very well... first off the "posi" isnt a posi, its a cam locked locking diff. it has a toothed ring on the diff, and if the speed of one wheel exceeds the other some weights fly out which allow a small cam to engage the ring on the diff. think of a flywheel and all of its teeth, then a screwdriver jamming itself into the ring gears teeth. same theory.

they are pretty decent, but you can blow them up quickly if one wheel spins Very fast before the other has a chance to lock in. boom...

to see if you have this option, look in your glove box at the white sticker with allof the codes. look for G80. thats the "posi" code. you can tell the gearing you have by looking for gu4 - 3.08, gu5 - 3.23, gu6 - 3.42 (most common), gt4 - 3.73(common), gt5 - 4.10(few v6, most 4 cyl)

i use this one when looking up gm codes. you learn stuff about your truck...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/rpo-code-lookup/

hope this helps,
peace,
evan....

very cool. i don't know much about it figured there were people here who did!

:punk:

I love Subarus, I Had a 89 Leone, 91 Brat, 2001 STI engine (turbo, intercooler and all) in my 77 beetle and now a 2001 impreza (no turbo :damn angry:) for the wife.

If I find another brat today I will take it to the grave with me.

Saw one on e-bay today. Current price was under $ 600.

Here's my other toy that I like to beat the piss out of :punk:
I plan to lift it up another 3" in summer sometime. And even then, it won't be tall enough.

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 19
My most favorite toy of the week.... :worthy:

Is...

Tada!

It's a 1979 or 80 John Deere 832 Snow blower. Dad bought it brand new and then turned it over to me when it became unreliable. I fixed it and it starts on the 3rd pull every time. Oh and I installed electric start incase it doesn't want to... lol

Attachments

• IMG_1685.jpg
    IMG_1685.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 20
here's a few

Attachments

• 100_0102.jpg
    100_0102.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0103.jpg
    100_0103.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 9
  • Photo0018.jpg
    Photo0018.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Photo0011.jpg
    Photo0011.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 9
man, you guys been gettin it too like us in the north east. I have relatives in Columbus Junction Chris. Probably gonna drive out there this summer with the wife and baby

Latest posts

Back