help coolant flush

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVxNitemare

Reaction score
okay, following the manual i've flushed my coolant, completely little rubbers n all. I'm trying to refill and burp but i'm at a gallon of premix now and manual says less than that. I'm not leaking but it spilling out the top where i'm filling it and it's getting hot. I'm burping same way I would a car... Am I running it too long without the cap? Is that why I am spewing so much coolant out? I've never had this issue doing a car before. I'm at a loss here?

thanks

If it's full and your overflowing, put the cap on and bring it up to temperature. Let it set to cool down then you can take the cap off and do any finish filling. Make sure the overflow tank is at the proper level then too.

The drain valve has a steel ball that's held with outward pressure by a spring. There's a detent where you can see the ball when the drain valve is together and off. This is where you need it to be.

ok i've got more coolant and going to go at it again. I think I figured out my mistake. The drain cock must bypass the thermostat I'm guessing. See with a car you have to keep it running for ten to fifteen minutes for tstat to open while burping. I'm thinking because that's what I was waitinf for caused the coolant to get hot and spill too much out. I shall give it another whirl and respond with update.

Correct, drain bypasses thermostat. If you leave it on then allows coolant to flow through radiator so takes longer to warm up. There's a nice diagram in the factory manual that shows how coolant system flows.

Back