The new Suzuki B-King... Thoughts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like th photos of the B-King, but I haven't seen one in the flesh.

Kudos to Suzuki for putting the full boat Busa motor in it, and not "re-tuning it for torque"

I bet it's a hoot to ride!

I like th photos of the B-King, but I haven't seen one in the flesh.

Kudos to Suzuki for putting the full boat Busa motor in it, and not "re-tuning it for torque"

I bet it's a hoot to ride!

thought it was tuned a little different for tq..not that it needed it

like to see if both redlines are the same..there probably not..think the busa is higher

all the mags i've read say it's the same busa spec motor, with just a smaller volume airbox, and different exhaust.

It makes a little less power because of that, but not much less.

It's the new version busa motor too!

The B-King is truly weird and ugly, Ive seen them a couple of times now but the thing that really bugs me is I can't see the %&^*$ engine. It's supposed to be a naked bike.

I remember the first time I saw a VMax I thought it was damn ugly, but now its looks have grown on me... sort of like a bastard child! LOL.... :biglaugh:

I think we all might be pleasantly surprised if they decide to come out with the new max.

A couple of things to mention here.

The bike is designated a Star Vmax,Star puts out Yamaha's cruiser-line.

The new motor has to have fuel injection[all bikes must have fuel injection now its a law] lots of power and torque to conquer all in the 1/4.
All these things cost money.Yamaha Crueser sales were at 63% last year out selling other lines, so more then likely were looking at a crueser therefore, it will not be cheap[$12,000] more like $16-$18,000
this puts the bike in an older age bracket[those more established able to afford this price hike]

Older bikers tend to gravitate toward cruisers which would put the bike in the M109,Vrod category. [where it should be.]

The cruiser category would guarantee another long production run.[crueser sales have aways been consistant]

So if they come out with the new Starmax, expect A super fast low to the ground high horsepower[210at the crank] bad ass muscle cruiser priced comparably to the Vrod.

I did the math and this is what I came up with.

I just hope it takes straight line performance to a new level for cruisers. I don't expect the nines out of the box, but a mid 10's runner with any decent pilot on board (not just featherweight pros) would be great. It has to live up to the reputation of the original.

I honestly hope it is not priced as high as a V-Rod. Not that I am running out to buy one, but I am considering it. I just think that motorcycles approching 20k are bordering on absurd, unless they are Italian. Not that bikes are not a good value in terms of performance, since no car can match a bike in terms of acceleration at virtually any price point, but Japanese bikes still should be a good value. Harley prices are high, but they have a captive market that pay those prices and they will finance those bikes for a decade if you want. I think the new Max should come in at the 12-13k price point, but I am probably dreaming.

I like the V-Rod. My riding partner has a Night Rod and it is very nice. Put the V-Max next to it and you can certainly see where the inspiration came from.......

Mike

FWIW I ran 6.80's in the 1/8th mile in my Mustang and COASTED to a 10.89 in the quarter. I doubt my 'Max touches that. I didn't have much more money in that car than I have in the 'Max. ;)

In the grand scheme of things, brand new bikes are, well, just expensive. The Night Rod Special that I about bought was MSRP'd at 16249 or something like that. Not HORRIBLE, but not really cheap either. I would hope the Yammy would be priced competetive with that. My bike serves as DD in nice weather, so it's easier for me to justify the bigger price.

FWIW I ran 6.80's in the 1/8th mile in my Mustang and COASTED to a 10.89 in the quarter. I doubt my 'Max touches that. I didn't have much more money in that car than I have in the 'Max. ;)

In the grand scheme of things, brand new bikes are, well, just expensive. The Night Rod Special that I about bought was MSRP'd at 16249 or something like that. Not HORRIBLE, but not really cheap either. I would hope the Yammy would be priced competetive with that. My bike serves as DD in nice weather, so it's easier for me to justify the bigger price.

I am not talking about purpose built quarter mile cars, or even street strip cars built by individuals for occasional track use. I am talking off of the showroom floor, as built by the original manufacturer. I have had my fair share of weekend toy drag cars as well, but the last time I checked Ford didn't build a high 10 second Fairmont Wagon in 1981. :biglaugh:

I don't think there is a single car you can buy today that can run an equivalent ET to a V-Max. Some may be close, and those are the very upper spectrum of street cars, but I do not recall any factory products breaking into the 10s lately. Bikes like Hyabusas, R-1s, CBR1000s, etc., no production car can come close to touching in the 1/4.

Mike

Well that's a duh response isn't it? There is no comaprison in HP/Weight when we're talking 3500 + lb cars vs. a 630lb bike. ;)

I drove my little 306 Mustang to and from work, 23 miles each way. I'd say it was a street car. It ate loads of 600's and 750 Gixxer bikes even from a roll on the street. (In my dreams, I never EVER street raced. ;) )

FWIW the new Z06 Vette runs high 10's with sticky tires. There are other cars that do this too, but of course your gonna spend more. I also don't see these bikes with good stereo's, a/c, cruise, heat, or any other creature comforts..... :D

Well that's a duh response isn't it? There is no comaprison in HP/Weight when we're talking 3500 + lb cars vs. a 630lb bike. ;)

I drove my little 306 Mustang to and from work, 23 miles each way. I'd say it was a street car. It ate loads of 600's and 750 Gixxer bikes even from a roll on the street. (In my dreams, I never EVER street raced. ;) )

FWIW the new Z06 Vette runs high 10's with sticky tires. There are other cars that do this too, but of course your gonna spend more. I also don't see these bikes with good stereo's, a/c, cruise, heat, or any other creature comforts..... :D

I drove my Fairmont to the track, over an hour away. Still, I didn't want to drive it everyday. :biglaugh:

I was just trying to say that bikes are great performance values (especially when compared to cars), but I still think close to 20k for a motorcycle is a bit high.

Now if we want to go down the path of making traction improvements to the new Z06, we should be able to do the same with a V-Max, right? :eusa_dance: I mean, that is only fair...don't you agree? :cheers:

On another note, quick cars are exremely entertaining. However, quick bikes seem to provide a sensation that is a little more intense...at least for me.

Mike

Power is not cheap these days.

Now if you want the bike to be all plastic or be like the b-king[just a big motor in a frame] Then just maybe they could keep costs down and still turn a profit but we want a good looking bike that handles fairly well with a mono shock swingarm, 1800cc fuel injected monster[that beats all in the quarter mile],functional scoops etc etc etc.They can achieve all these things but expect to pay for it.

What is the baddest bike on the planet worth to you?

I used to own a 81 Fairmont Futura.... baby blue... 4-door... in-line 6.... paid $100 for it....

You wouldn't believe the amount of times that car got me laid back in the day.....

Well maybe you would...

I used to own a 81 Fairmont Futura.... baby blue... 4-door... in-line 6.... paid $100 for it....

You wouldn't believe the amount of times that car got me laid back in the day.....

Well maybe you would...

Yeah... Blame your car... :whistlin:

:rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back