The new Suzuki B-King... Thoughts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hercules is right, but it's a give and take to stay competitive in the market. It may be better than all, but if not priced right, won't sell.

I used to own a 81 Fairmont Futura.... baby blue... 4-door... in-line 6.... paid $100 for it....

You wouldn't believe the amount of times that car got me laid back in the day.....

Well maybe you would...

Haha nice!

The next Ford I build will be a 2 door Futura for sure.

I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I SAW A V-ROD NIGHT-ROD, TALK ABOUT BLAIGHTENT STEALING OF THE STYLING AND PAINT JOB OF AN "06" & "07" V-MAX !!!! HOW CAN THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT ????

I used to own a 81 Fairmont Futura.... baby blue... 4-door... in-line 6.... paid $100 for it....

You wouldn't believe the amount of times that car got me laid back in the day.....

Well maybe you would...

I was married at the time I was racing the Wagon. However, if I hadn't of been I would have put a mattress in the back and banged all of the drag strip skanks I wanted. :biglaugh: I would get so many people coming up to me because of the "Draggin' Wagon" it was amazing. It was Grandma tan and pretty much looked stock from the outside, it even still had a roof rack! It was totally gutted and weighed 2700 pounds though.

As for the other poster's question of what is the baddest bike on the planet worth to me? I don't really know, to be honest. I am pretty happy with my '85 Max that set me back a grand total of $2700. I already have two car notes and drive a pretty stout daily driver right now. I don't think I could stomach a $20,000 V-Max. Of course, I also don't think I am as dedicated to riding as many here. It is a weekend activity for me, just like drag racing was. I make a good living and could afford the bike, but I don't think I could justify the expense.

Mike

Mike, I meant no offense with my comment about "what is it worth to you"

I certainly would want it to be affordable but I don't see how and also incorporate everything we want.

We are spoiled by the old Max its a big bang for the buck! but with the new technology Yamaha would have to incorporate into the new bike its just not feasible

Do we really want a cheaper Max or something thats going to stick around for a while and continue the legacy

I will be buying a used one anyway just like my 92.

suzuki bking?

been reading the forums and seeing the bking mentioned few times. Is that bike a cruiser or sport bike? do you have to lean into the handle bars to ride it? seems it would be more of a crotch rocket than the vmax. how do you see it?

Re: suzuki bking?

To me, it's a streetfigther, which is more crotch rocket than cruiser - very nice bike IMO but it's not what I want in a bike.

Mike (aka maxcruiser)

I got to look at one for the first time in person last week at the Cycle World meeting. Definitely not my style. More of a crotch rocket than cruiser I think.

It's a sport touring bike, not a cruiser. It's a more upright seating than a sport bike, with similar performance, usually re-tuned for more torque.

I wouldn't mine a B-King at all for a second bike. I think I'll be leaning towards a ZX-14 for the 2nd bike for me. I'll continue to make the Max more cruiser friendly, yet maintain that aggressive styling that I've got right now.

been reading the forums and seeing the bking mentioned few times. Is that bike a cruiser or sport bike? do you have to lean into the handle bars to ride it? seems it would be more of a crotch rocket than the vmax. how do you see it?

I've sat on one and if you define a sport bike by the riding position then I say it's DEFINITELY a sport bike, not even close to what I would call a standard. I've ridden the late model FJ1300 sport touring bikes and it's riding position is much more aggresive; at least to me.

Rusty

I believe it falls in the "standard" category! :thumbs up:

Yeah, I believe you're right but it leans alot more sport than a Bandit or Vmax which to me are standards, even tho' every one calls the Max a cruiser, the riding position of a standard to me is what I would call "sit-up- and beg" which fits the Max.

Then again maybe my arms are just too short???:ummm:

Rusty

I think it leans hard to the sport bike side of things. I like some of the looks of it. My only major dislike is the back end, I think they could have tamed it more.

I understand the whole agressive styling and all, but like Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines there are some things just can't cross over without looking strange.

Whatever the case may be, I think it would bury the Max in every performance aspect unfortunately. I wish Yamaha would step up and put something out that competes other than the FZ-1.

I went to Cycle World to get some parts the other day,I said to a guy standing there looking at a B-king

"dude don't worry if you cant afford it this year this same one will be here next year guaranteed" UGLY!!!!!

I understand the whole agressive styling and all, but like Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines there are some things just can't cross over without looking strange.[/QUOTE]

o man thats funny right there.
I tell ya the power of the BKing is what would draw me in. Low end power i mean. BUT the problem with it is same as MANY of the fast bikes now days. the passenger is an after thought. no freakin way im talkin my wife into hangin her ass of that little seat, specially at highway speeds. that leads to the next bitch ... they are in town bikes it seems to me. no way u are takin a long cruise on that thing and at 12,500$ that freakin bike better do it all, BLVD cruising/bruising AND highway cruising. Sport tour my arse.

dont think the busa has passengers in mind for that matter most bike made have no passengers in mind...and thats cool with be

Latest posts

Back