"Frankenstorm"??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad truth is people will die here. Whether they are kids that don't know better, people too stupid or obstinate to listen. Let's see what the body count is from electrocutions, monoxide poisonings, drownings and snow covered highway crashes.

Hope and prey for all you all living near this.Weve been through a flood not any fun.2005 Hit by ivan which flooded us,Then by francis which tore the end off our house with the help of a tree,Happend fast.Thought i was prepared.Take care everyone.A lot of good guys and there family on here.DONT WANT TO LOSE A ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll amount to a day or two of above-average rainfall, a few trees will fall down, and some people might lose power for a bit. Big deal, like that's never happened before...

Hope your right. But, it looks to be a little bit more than some above average rainfall and a few trees toppled.

Well as of this evening, the total from "frankenstorm" in upstate NY was a day of above-average winds(not a single tree around here down), and a spattering of rain. Power never even flickered.

I'm sure there are more hard hit areas, but even the local news here was hyping this up like crazy and as usual it turned out to be about as significant as a mouse fart in a tornado.

Attachments

• 599040_360057470750610_646210335_n.jpg
    599040_360057470750610_646210335_n.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 404210_360053474084343_975082702_n.jpg
    404210_360053474084343_975082702_n.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 182529_360055557417468_219258548_n.jpg
    182529_360055557417468_219258548_n.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 12
Here at work in the Berkshires and all is "normal". A little windy. No real rain yet. CT's closing thier highways at 1:00 so some employees jumping ship but I have yet to see anything impressive.............

Hope you make out OK Steve. What town do you live in?

I'm in Centerville Mike, a village of Barnstable. We did ok here. I'm right in the center of the mid Cape up on the highest level. Power is back on and the internet restored. I'm a little concerned with my niece in Manhatten. I haven't herd from her yet. The damage isn't too bad in my area from what I can see. That old Lincoln Workman can't weld, but she sure can put out as a genset.
I hope everyone in the Northeat,and anywhere else the storm hit, is ok?
Steve-o

Last edited:
I'm in Centerville Mike, a village of Barnstable. We did ok here. I'm right in the center of the mid Cape up on the highest level. Power is back on and the internet restored. I'm a little concerned with my niece in Manhatten. I haven't herd from her yet. The damage isn't too bad in my area from what I can see. That old Lincoln Workman can't weld, but she sure can put out as a genset.
I hope everyone in the Northeat,and anywhere else the storm hit, is ok?
Steve-o

Glad to hear all is well there, Steve.

Well as of this evening, the total from "frankenstorm" in upstate NY was a day of above-average winds(not a single tree around here down), and a spattering of rain. Power never even flickered.

I'm sure there are more hard hit areas, but even the local news here was hyping this up like crazy and as usual it turned out to be about as significant as a mouse fart in a tornado.

Same here Ra. Glad we skated by in this area. Alot of other people having major problems though...............

We're good too...some pretty powerful gusts and power off and on but other than a few thousand branches to pick up (which Heidi is tending to as I write....sipping coffee....what a sweetie!! :biglaugh:), Taylor Hollow is fine.

We were very fortunate....the forecasters were calling for less wind and rain along the eastern border of NYS than the areas on either side and apparently that's what happened. :worthy:

A very nasty piece of stormage, no doubt about that! Just our good fortune she took a harder left turn than initially thought.....many, many others were not as fortunate. Instead of po-pooing it as a 'mouse fart' RA, consider yourself lucky she didn't take a path up the Hudson! :biglaugh:

That was a Big Storm. I'm sure happy you're alright Dan-o....
Another friend in N.J. may not be so lucky. No word from her yet.
They just got flooded out last year, hope she left the area this time.

good to hear dan-o that brc has toughed it out again.....
wont be able to stop in im heading south today and still no clue if flt will be cancelled in jfk, so will mail your stuff......

Thanks Dave....I hope your friend is ok too. Jersey really got hit hard, north and south of the center. I'm sure communications are all screwed up in that area right now.

The NJ governor put it where it's at...."If you don't heed the mandatory evacuations, and you run into trouble after the storm hits, we will NOT be able to help you!"

good to hear dan-o that brc has toughed it out again.....
wont be able to stop in im heading south today and still no clue if flt will be cancelled in jfk, so will mail your stuff......

Hey Rov, kinda figured you posponed yesterday....:biglaugh:.

WXX is fine now, no signs of Sandy, in fact I don't even know where she went there's nothing showing on the radar. It's very possible flights will be running normally tomorrow.

Thanks on the stuff. :worthy:

no worrries man......guess will have to be burnouts in the brc shop in dec not in the driveway hahahaha

Been raining here since last Friday anyway, then Sandy came in and it got super windy and even more heavy rain. Figures, I was getting a new roof put on the house and garage last week and they didn't get the garage completely finished until yesterday afternoon! Got a few little leaks in the garage, but no big deal. My brother in laws house lost his entire roof and water was pouring in everywhere...they had to leave and stay in a motel. Very bad storm, trees and power lines down everywhere. I'm glad it seems to be finally dying.

I bet Coprunner (Tim) never thunk a hurricane would be easier to get through here in Florida than his old haunt up north! Hope everyone affected got through safe.

Our Friend, "Ann Marie", called a little while ago. The Army Corp of Engineers drained the lake about 1/2 mile
from her home before the storm hit. They got absolutely no water in the house this time.....

Thanks Dave....I hope your friend is ok too. Jersey really got hit hard, north and south of the center. I'm sure communications are all screwed up in that area right now.

The NJ governor put it where it's at...."If you don't heed the mandatory evacuations, and you run into trouble after the storm hits, we will NOT be able to help you!"

When the mandatory evacuation order was given in SE Florida where I worked fire-rescue, between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, once the winds got above 56 mph, we were ordered off the roads until the winds subsided below that. People were given several days' notice that they would likely be ordered-out, but we always had a few stubborn stupid people who thought it would be 'cool' to have a hurricane party. Once the storm hit, and as-long as the telcom system worked, we would begin to field calls, "I'm ready to be evacuated, come-get me!"

The dispatcher would ask for next-of-kin information after finding-out where they were on the coast.

"Why do you need that?" they would ask.

"So we know whom to contact about your death, and who is going to be able to claim your body," was the reply. "We'll be by to check where your home used to be after the storm passes."

This one has done a lot of damage, the crews are out now I bet, doing the FEMA disaster assessment for federal aid.

Latest posts

Back