Gun control....FAIL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hate to say it..but i fear the assult weapon ban is gonna be soon:damn angry:

Very possible....actually I have no problem with that, and would happily give mine up...........as soon as I have assurance that everybody else has given thiers up too....including, of course, the bad guys!

Can't get me that assurance, you say?.....Then I guess mine will stay right where it is! :punk:

what tics me off is that they wanna ban assult weapons simply cuz they are semi auto. still lots of regular rifles and pistols that are semi auto. that are capeable of the same carnage. just doesnt make sense:confused2:

what tics me off is that they wanna ban assult weapons simply cuz they are semi auto. still lots of regular rifles and pistols that are semi auto. that are capeable of the same carnage. just doesnt make sense:confused2:

I think it's a knee jerk reaction to the Newtown disaster....they'll get bogged down in the language and thet'll be the end of it. Assault...sporting....it all runs together.

Doing Weapons Testing and Evaluation for the Firearms Industry and some Federal Agencies, I'm deeply concerned over the outcome. Banning firearms isn't the answer. Forcing people to control the weapons they own is. The weapons used in the mall and the school shooting weren't properly stored. If they had been there wouldn't have been the easy access to them that there was. Lock the Damn Guns in your possession Up like the government requires now!!!!!!!!!! Unless you are armed with them to potentially defend yourself...

I have a number of Gun Safes and some pretty nasty surprises for anyone trying to illegally access them. That would seriously be a "BAD IDEA" for a criminal.

Banning firearms will only take the means to protect ourselves away and allow criminals access to weapons we can't match in a fight. Cops found this out years ago in a Comifornia Bank Robbery with 2 gunmen armed and armored. This before Cops started arming with Assault Rifles and setting up SWAT Teams.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

It takes a few seconds to neutralize a threat when you're properly armed. How long does it take a Cop to be on scene...:ummm: Do the math...:confused2: It's not hard.
TOO FORKING LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suffice to say: Outlaw Any Gun Or Guns And Only Outlaws Will Have Them. Not an enjoyable scenario for me at all.

Im with dave on this. If you cant keep your guns safe dont own them. I feel that if a kid gets a hold of your gun you should be in more trouble than the kid. If a adult takes your gun you better have a lot of proof that you did everything in your power to prevent them. Taking guns away wont help anything. controlling guns will. I think in todays world it should be a $250000 fine if you are poven to be irresponsable with your gun. If you cant pay you do time. If you are cought with a gun that you should not have it should be a bigger fine and time. But the thing is when we do this we give the law more control to set up the innocent if you know what i mean. I dont see a good answer for both side's and be careful what you wish for.

Kennesaw , GA. " Gun Town U.S.A. " , I think it was called for a long time . Ordinance stated the head of every household would own a gun. No murders for 25 years - through at least '07 I believe. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Gotta be careful about what power you give them even in your own home regarding locks, safes ect... If someone breaks into my shop and steals my acetylene tank and makes a bomb out of it and kills a bunch of people am I responsible?? What about if some guy steals my car and runs someone down?? I know we all want to find a solution here but the bottom line is freedom isn't always easy and there's a bunch of bad that comes with the good.. I don't want to give the government any damn say what goes on inside of my home because your opening a big can of worms there. As a responsible gun owner I lock my guns up but bottom line is if someone wants them while I'm not here they will probably get them.

I agree....obviously, if some idiot with a couple semi-automatic rifles in a 'easy rider rifle rack' leaves his pick-up truck windows down and someone grabs the guns and shoots up the beauty shop next door....that fool should swing. Those cases aren't hard to figure out but the grey areas are a little different. Military armories have been broken into, weapons lockers in police stations.....you think those guys would have any difficulty taking guns out of someone's home?

So should the homeowner go to jail for it? Not IMO!

I agree....obviously, if some idiot with a couple semi-automatic rifles in a 'easy rider rifle rack' leaves his pick-up truck windows down and someone grabs the guns and shoots up the beauty shop next door....that fool should swing. Those cases aren't hard to figure out but the grey areas are a little different. Military armories have been broken into, weapons lockers in police stations.....you think those guys would have any difficulty taking guns out of someone's home?

So should the homeowner go to jail for it? Not IMO!

To your last statement, No. Not if the Firearms were locked correctly in an approved manner.... Then it's on the thief....
That would likely be easily proven...

Same goes for other weapons and Acetylene Tanks too... Do the tanks need to be locked up, I think Not....:confused2: JMHO....
Most items on this planet can be used as weapons in one way or another. Still, the Guns are Not the Problem...
SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS KILLED OTHER PEOPLE, THAT'S NOT GONNA CHANGE, EVER....

I'm completely opposed to any law requiring weapons to be locked away unless they're written specifically to prevent authorized child residents of a home from getting at them.

A weapon that is locked away is no longer a weapon.

BINGO, we have a winner! It all starts with the parents, and some parents these days expect society to raise their kids. If the government wants to control something, how about controlling the trash that's on the television and in today's video games? "Teach your children well"..... very well said, Miles.
Teach Your Children Well.

I agree. No locks should be required. Teach the kids. Watch out for the weird neighbors (get to know your neighbors). Even locked the kid would likely have had access given to him by his mother. Locking them would not have stopped this incident. In this case only reactive measures (gun carry laws) as opposed to proactive measures (Ban or locking up laws) would have been better.

Despite the fact that this kid was suffering from some severe mental issues, he was also a coward (as evidenced by his committing suicide as soon as he heard sirens coming).

What would have prevented this particular tragedy would be an armed presence in that school. I don't think teachers should be armed....they're educators, not weapons & protection experts....but I have no problem whatsoever with armed security personnel patroling the corridors.

And I'm talking serious, well trained professionals not overweight, dull normal fucks hired by the lowest bidder to 'flesh' out a contract!

WTF...we guard our money with armed personnel.....why not our children? :ummm:

Of course it's easy to Wednesday morning quarterback it but if you want a quick fix to these random acts of violence....that would be a good start. It would also free up some time to get long term educational programs in gun handling & storing going.

Back