Stock V-max 1/4 Mile

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if i cant see your motor when having a cup of coffee what good is the bike...that was one of the things that always interested me about bikes and riding...my mind is always going 200 mph....dont need a rocket to float my boat

i had a 89 for a long time and now i have a 97. iv never lost to a punk on a 750 or smaller. but like i sed ( a punk ) not a racer. it sounds like this kid might know what he is doing. ps iv seen guys in FL go 10.60s on stock maxes but thas at sea lev. i dont care about the 1/4 mile. ill make all most all of them look like fools from stop light to stop light. :whistlin:

good point about sea level Epping NH speedway id say is sea level or very close to it...thats where my numbers can from

Im In New Jersey, And Live Near Raceway Park In Englishtown, And Thats At Sealevel, We Love Going To The Delaware Watergap To Ride Through The Mountains, Its Great ! I Like The Comment About Looking At The Engine While Drinking Coffee !! Im Deffenitly A Mechanical Guy, & I Think Thats One Of The Lours To The V-max Is Being Able To Stand Their & Look At That Masive Engine Just Below Those Big Scoops !!!!

Last edited:
Im In New Jersey, And Live Near Raceway Park In Englishtown, And Thats At Sealevel, We Love Going To The Delaware Watergap To Ride Through The Mountains, Its Great ! I Like The Comment About Looking At The Engine While Drinking Coffe !! Im Deffenitly A Mechanical Guy, & I Think Thats One Of The Lours To The V-max Is Being Able To Stand Their & Look At That Massive Engine Just Below Those Big Scoops !!!!

I Always Liked The Mad Max Movies !! Even When They Were Corny They Always Had Really Cool Contraptions !!! The V-max Looks Like A Police Bike That Mel Gibson Would Ride , If The World Were Like The Movie !!!!!!!!!!!!!! HIT THE V-BOOST SWITCH AND DISAPPEAR INTO THE SUNSET !!!!!

Last edited:
if only our bikes handled as well as the mad max bikes .......so far no complants with mine

I Have None Either !!! The Only Thing I Wish It Had Was A Bigger Storage Spot , Just For A Wallet & Cell Phone !!!

take your tool bag out...theres your spot for wallet and phone

A stock VMAX will not run low 11's I am sorry

Huh?

I've got at least a hundred passes on my '99 and run extremely consistent 11.40"-11.50's depending on the time of year, temp and humidity.

That was with the stock pipe and no jetting.

AND my 240lb fat ass on it.

It's all about the 60' time, someone weighing less than me with the same amount of practice will easily put a good running Max into the low 11's

A guy weighing 170-180 can do high-high 10's low 11's, I've seen it more than once.

A newbie will not; it takes a huge amount of practice to launch any bike properly. It took me maybe 15 passes to get into the 11's and a hell of a lot more to get the times I'm running now.

Guys that haven't ever run before can cetainly expect times in the 12's when they begin but that's them, not the bike.

Rusty

Are You Starting In First Gear Or Secound Gear ? I Have Herd Of Guy's Starting In 2nd Gear And Riding The Cluch A Little Longer And They When't Faster Because The Front Wheel Did Not Want To Come Up By Doing That !!!! And It Eliminated A Shift !!!

Last edited:
Are You Starting In First Gear Or Secound Gear ? I Have Herd Of Guy's Starting In 2nd Gear And Riding The Cluch A Little Longer And They Wen't Faster Because The Front Wheel Did Not Want To Come Up By Doing That !!!! And It Eliminated A Shift !!!

Smokin the clutch in 2nd slowed my times down.

Also Has Anyone Installed The Switch To Make The V-boost Come On At 3000 Rpm's ? And Did It Make A Differance In The 1/4 Mile, And How Much ???

I'm Not That Computor Savy !! I Just Learned How To Write Back & Forth 2 Weeks Ago !!!

Are You Starting In First Gear Or Secound Gear ? I Have Herd Of Guy's Starting In 2nd Gear And Riding The Cluch A Little Longer And They Wen't Faster Because The Front Wheel Did Not Want To Come Up By Doing That !!!! And It Eliminated A Shift !!!

Starting in first gear, I would never try a second gear launch on a bike this heavy, I don't want to be changing clutch plates all the time.

I launch at around 5000rpm; and frankly copied what I "try" to do from Dale Walkers write up on how to launch a Vmax.

I'm still on my stock plates at 30,000 miles.

Rusty

For me the launch with no bog was mostly 6500rpm's.Took some runs to figure this out.

You're right about that; at 5000-5500 I still get more bog than I want, and my 60' times are around 1.85-1.90 which tells me there's more there to be had when I develop enough balls or technique to launch at a higher RPM.

I'd kinda just like to throw a set of wheelie bars on it to see how it goes but just never have gotten around to spending the $300 on a set. Plus I have a feeling that if I put a set of bars on it I'm going to break a driveshaft or worse.

Rusty

Back