Stock pipes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what did you pay if you don't mind me asking

I paid the grand sum of $204.53 via eBay.

I ended up selling my drilled out set on ebay for $167.00 on a buy it now add. I probably could have got more if i had put them in an auction rather than "buy it now".

Most pipes you see on ebay are dented up junk, or are way overpriced. Some sellers must think they are made out of sterling silver.

I'd be curious as to how large the hole was in that video...I drilled mine 1" and it sounds very different from that video. I don't have any idle issues...maybe a little off the bottom end with the reduction in back pressure, but that is made up for elsewhere in the RPM range. Completely stock the wind would take over the pipes at around 50mph...now I still hear my bike at highway speeds...

I think the PO either drilled out the center of the baffle, or simply knocked the center out with a punch. After I removed them you could hear material still rattling around inside the can.

By the way when I sold them on eBay, I explained all of that so the buyer had no surprises.

They were in good shape and that's what really matters with the stockers...mine are near flawless (at least the cans are). I grabbed a good used set of holeshot 4-2's and a jet kit of a forum member for cheap money...they are not as nice as my stockers, but I can mend them & PC them to look like new...plus the additional HP wont hurt either :)

I should get decent money for mine if I choose to sell them...the real PITA is the shipping!!!

I should get decent money for mine if I choose to sell them...the real PITA is the shipping!!!

It's not too bad really. You can make a big enough box. Wrap the pipes completely in bubble wrap. Block the pipes in the box with styrofoam so they don't move around in the box. Shipping weight ends up being 46 or 47 lbs or so.

Big & Bulky...I had a crap stock set on my bike when I got it...sold those and recall not liking packaging the anchor up! Will do again is price it right...

I'm looking for a nice set of stock mufflers, have to be reasonably priced though.

Hang on a minute here, looking for stock pipes, stock scoops, etc... Are you bringing your max back to stock???

Need some answers here, Bill.

Mike

OOPPS, forget it Bill - I seen a couple of posts later hat you picked up an 05 that needs these parts.

So, now I'm a little worried. My PO drilled 5 holes in each exhaust end, like the tip, in between the 5 rivets, and I think it sounds great. But I guess I'm not sure if I'm losing performance? I mean, she's a jump from my Maxim-X, which is a 700, but how would I know if it's hurting my bike? I think it has just the perfect amount of rumble.

Back