running hot

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koher

Reaction score
i have a 2003 and after like a mile of driveing the themp is almost red line and its full of collent what could it be?

Running CLOSE to redline is actually kinda normal for these bikes, now if they get into the redline...thats a bad thing. At highway speeds, the temp should fall to a little above halfway (atleast summertime in Oklahoma).

yes the fan kicks on i was just worried cause it runs right on the line

I put temperature sending unit in some people installed a fan switch to control when they want fan to come on .There's a thread about fan switch install seems pretty easy to do temp seding unit was a simple install also

Thermostat?Cooling system need flushed?Mine will have a fit in heavy traffic after about 10 to 15 min.Boil over

Mine tries to come on just above the dot. It makes me wonder if the previous owner put in a low temp thermostat. Sometimes I have to jiggle the wires to make it come on anyway.

I think as long as it's coming on before it's actually in the red, you're ok. I'm not sure, but the actual temperature range of the gauge is not really that wide.

I put temperature sending unit in some people installed a fan switch to control when they want fan to come on .There's a thread about fan switch install seems pretty easy to do temp seding unit was a simple install also

do you happen to have a link to the temperature sending unit because i would prefer it to run cooler and does anyone know what the link is under

Post if you get the low-temp unit. I want to know what's actually in my bike. The cooling system is pretty much the last thing I haven't fiddled with.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

it will be a litttle bit but i think im going to go with thr outlaw set up

Running CLOSE to redline is actually kinda normal for these bikes, now if they get into the redline...thats a bad thing. At highway speeds, the temp should fall to a little above halfway (atleast summertime in Oklahoma).

I've never seen my temp gauge go above half way even when I was riding in a walking pace parade at 90+ temps recently. On the road it seems to peg itself right about the lower screw on the dial face.

Chris.

Borg Warner TFS545 is the old part number for a sending unit that will kick the fan on @ midrange on the temp dial. I did this mod years ago and never think twice about it.

Mind never see's the the red, Mind runs just above the middle on hot days or just below the middle. You may need flushing, or air could be trap mover around, or stat not opening the way it should, Radiator fan may not be coming on at the middle of the temp, My fan cuts in just above have way. radiator fins could be clog on the front.

OK just an update i flushed the coolant a couple times now has only seen close to red when im out having fun :punk:

I'm in Yuma , AZ (110-115)alot of days and did the outlaw swap and also put in the water wetter and it never goes above the dot. Prior to this it would get up to the red.

Back