Bluetooth

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

train460

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good things to say about an either bluetooth helmet or a gizmo that attaches to a helmet? not junk and usable?
later
michael

Does anyone have any good things to say about an either bluetooth helmet or a gizmo that attaches to a helmet? not junk and usable?
later
michael

I had one to listen to music and for my phone GPS. The speakers were shit. Where it attached on the helmet? Well, it's somewhere on the road in pieces. It was a Midland, but not there best model. I think Mark had better luck with his, which was a better model than mine.
Steve-o

I use the Cardo Scala Rider G4 (Now called G9) on my helmets. It comes with FM radio and Intercom between other Bluetooth's. I have made calls at highway speed and the person listening said it was crystal clear. It's great for the GF when 2 up. She can here what I am trying to tell her about what we see as we ride along. It is pricey but I like it. They have simpler and less expensive sets also.

I have been using an O Neil that came with the Blinc 3 blue tooth system. I bought this so I could listen to my jams. I like it. I can hear my music up to 80mph. The quality of tge speakers is not that good, but you can replace those if you want. The problem is that there is very little air space behind the speakers.

The good news is that you have no idea your wearing a helment with speakers and mic. they are tucked away well enough that no special care is required to put it on and take it off. I DO NOT like that on this helment you have to remove part of the lining to charge the unit. Of course one day I will actually punch a hole in the back lining so I don't have to do that. I have used it for up to a 12 day of riding and the battery held up. THe helment it's self is good at reducing wind noise. I have 4 helmets now including an HJC, Shoei, and Noland. This has about the same wind noise and "lift" at higher speeds as the Shoei and is much better then the Nolan

You can use it as an intercom or as speakers for your phone. All you need is a second bluetooth helment. We tried it with a different brand bluetooth helment in a store and the intercom worked fine the 50 feet or so we could get apart in the store. I have never tried the intercom on the road because that would require one having friends and I have no friends. Unlike the radio intercoms, you can only talk to one other helment. (years ago we had intercoms which used the personal radios. we rode in a group of 5-7 and it was nice to 'announce' upcoming turns or stops. you can't do that with bluetooth)

As a phone, it works fine except not well at speed. The caller can hear me well enough, but above about 25 mph I can't hear well enough to carry on a conversation. I normally answer the phone and just say "hold on a sec while I pull over" and stop to talk on the phone. Good news is you don't have to take off the helment to do it.

I got mine off ebay from a guy that had a whole bunch of them (I think he bought some sort of close out). any way mine was super cheap- but I don't think you will find one for $80 any where else.

hope this helps

Craig

Oh it has FM too. the FM is worthless. I thought I would be able to link it with my GPS but you can have the GPS or you can have the jams- not both. GPS actuly hooks to the phone, not the helment so it is useless too. I'm wearing an XL in this helment while I find an L comfortable in my other helmets.

so is this an helmet with the bluetooth already installed or are you saying you bought the blinc 3 and put it into YOUR helmet?

I have been using an O Neil that came with the Blinc 3 blue tooth system. I bought this so I could listen to my jams. I like it. I can hear my music up to 80mph. The quality of tge speakers is not that good, but you can replace those if you want. The problem is that there is very little air space behind the speakers.

The good news is that you have no idea your wearing a helment with speakers and mic. they are tucked away well enough that no special care is required to put it on and take it off. I DO NOT like that on this helment you have to remove part of the lining to charge the unit. Of course one day I will actually punch a hole in the back lining so I don't have to do that. I have used it for up to a 12 day of riding and the battery held up. THe helment it's self is good at reducing wind noise. I have 4 helmets now including an HJC, Shoei, and Noland. This has about the same wind noise and "lift" at higher speeds as the Shoei and is much better then the Nolan

You can use it as an intercom or as speakers for your phone. All you need is a second bluetooth helment. We tried it with a different brand bluetooth helment in a store and the intercom worked fine the 50 feet or so we could get apart in the store. I have never tried the intercom on the road because that would require one having friends and I have no friends. Unlike the radio intercoms, you can only talk to one other helment. (years ago we had intercoms which used the personal radios. we rode in a group of 5-7 and it was nice to 'announce' upcoming turns or stops. you can't do that with bluetooth)

As a phone, it works fine except not well at speed. The caller can hear me well enough, but above about 25 mph I can't hear well enough to carry on a conversation. I normally answer the phone and just say "hold on a sec while I pull over" and stop to talk on the phone. Good news is you don't have to take off the helment to do it.

I got mine off ebay from a guy that had a whole bunch of them (I think he bought some sort of close out). any way mine was super cheap- but I don't think you will find one for $80 any where else.

hope this helps

Craig

Oh it has FM too. the FM is worthless. I thought I would be able to link it with my GPS but you can have the GPS or you can have the jams- not both. GPS actuly hooks to the phone, not the helment so it is useless too. I'm wearing an XL in this helment while I find an L comfortable in my other helmets.

Michael, Shala & I bought Sena brand sets, both for our open helmets & another pair for our full faced helmets The head units interchange between the two different helmet sets, and only the mounting & mics are diff. The mics for the open faced don't work worth cold chit. Many problems with trying to communicate with open mics. But now, we're having so many problems with them on our full face helmets that we don't even use them much any more. I use mine more to channel my MP3 device through simply to have the easy to reach volume control.

I've read up A LOT and talked to several friends from the Honda world, and have yet to read, or hear anything negative about the Scala Rider G4's, and think that if we ever spend bucks on another set, it will be those next time. Unfortunately, they also seem to be the most expensive option. Maybe they are worth the extra $$?

Re: Bluetooth Chatterbox "Plus"

Does anyone know if the updated Chatterbox Plus XBi-2. I have info that Chatterbox was crude reception. And so they are supposedly competeting with the updated version. Anyone have any real face time with them?

Jack

Back