Back fire into the airbox

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't see oil type contributing here, the oil you mentioned is what I've used for years on bikes before going to other brands.

Oil level is easy, you've got a window. It should be between the marks.

I don't think many go to any great effort to get trapped oil out of the engine when changing it. There is another drain plug for the tranny cavity but I've never used it, might get a cup or two there maybe.

Just a shot in the dark, but do you have any local vmax buddies so you could compare symptoms?
It is pretty amazing how many weird noises come out of a vmax.

Unless there's no oil at all I don't see gears putting out enough heat to cook your foot even if the gears are whining from poor alignment/lash.

Did you check the pinion nut while you had it apart?

With the swing arm and driveshaft out you can also check the lash on the mid gear, and also pull the output gear (its only three bolts and a firm pull) and visually inspect both it and its counterpart inside the tranny.

Also check that area around the output shaft for cracks after pulling the output gear, cases have been known to crack here, not often tho. Usually when beaten on hard.

Have you done steps to isolate the noise?
Is it speed related?

RPM related?

Gear related ?

Clutch in or clutch out related?

Latest posts

Back