Ordered my new ride...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
Well I don't want this to come off bragging as it is ONLY a Pontiac but I have been studying this one for several months and decided to pull the trigger...:eusa_dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO6ER2K65sE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf30j8pYplM

It's the new Pontiac G8 GT and this thing is getting rave reviews from everyone! :banana:

362BHP at the crank and 385Lbft. 0-60 5.3 with a 13.8 in the quarter. 6.0 liter L76 with a manumatic 6 speed with rev matching down shifts. It weighs in at 3995 stock which I should be able to drop by 10-15 pounds... Big whoop right?

I plan on a Cold air intake, Cat back exhaust, and a remap... Should be good for about 400BHP at the crank...
wink.gif

Have fun paying for gas. :)

I'm looking a a hybrid Civic. 11 gallon tank and over 700 miles per tank of gas.

Mark

just dont screw it up by playing with the injection and changing pipes :biglaugh::biglaugh:

It's a DOD motor so it goes into V4 mode with light throttle inputs and on the highway...

17/24 :punk:

My first car was a '65 GTO.

I finally gave in. After 21 years of driving and never owning a Japanese car, I bought an '07 STi last August. It is a very fun car..and very quick. Sticks like glue, launches like a steam catapult, runs low 13's/high 12's depending on weather and is dependable as a Japanese car can be.

That Poncho looks like fun!

Mike

My first car was a '65 GTO.

I finally gave in. After 21 years of driving and never owning a Japanese car, I bought an '07 STi last August. It is a very fun car..and very quick. Sticks like glue, launches like a steam catapult, runs low 13's/high 12's depending on weather and is dependable as a Japanese car can be.

That Poncho looks like fun!

Mike

Yeah but I have to buy American for work... My bro has a 2006 legacy GT M/T with after market up and down pipes which we installed and a stage 2 map... It goes like stink too! :thumbs up:

I too have been seriously considering selling my old M3 and getting one of those. Have a test drive scheduled for Thursday this week. I hope it lives up to the hype 'cause it is going to have to be a pretty impressive test drive to make me give up my beloved M3.

Have you driven one yet 4gasem? If so can you give us your impression.

I too have been seriously considering selling my old M3 and getting one of those. Have a test drive scheduled for Thursday this week. I hope it lives up to the hype 'cause it is going to have to be a pretty impressive test drive to make me give up my beloved M3.

Have you driven one yet 4gasem? If so can you give us your impression.

Nope! I ordered it without ever setting foot in one or seeing one...

Go to www.G8board.com I am a Beamer fan all the way! My dad has three. '08 335I convertible, '08 X5 and a 2006 M5... Brilliant cars! :thumbs up: The 335I is HIGHLY recommended by me. Perfect for everyday driving with just over 300hp on tap it isn't a slouch either... :whistlin:

The G8 is NO BMW but it is still a nice car... I live vicariously through pops on the Beamer thing... Hell I named my Golden retriever Beamer... He's AKC so his full name is Sir Beamer Michael Warehiem.

Get it? BMW... lol I'm sick... Very sick...

Yeah but I have to buy American for work... My bro has a 2006 legacy GT M/T with after market up and down pipes which we installed and a stage 2 map... It goes like stink too! :thumbs up:

I only reflashed to Stage 1, since I wasn't ready to do a downpipe. The car is quick enough as is...but I have been thinking about going to Stage II as of late. The map is just sitting on my Cobb AP.......

Mike

I only reflashed to Stage 1, since I wasn't ready to do a downpipe. The car is quick enough as is...but I have been thinking about going to Stage II as of late. The map is just sitting on my Cobb AP.......

Mike

That's what he has... Cobb Stage 2 is OK on your's as you don't have the cat in the up pipe like his DID...:whistlin:

It's amazing the difference...

No, I do not have the Cat in the uppipe. I am more concerned about warranty issues. However, both local dealers are pretty mod friendly. Car only has 9800 miles on it. Of course, the stock tune was so bad that I flashed it within two weeks of buying it.

Mike

That's what he has... Cobb Stage 2 is OK on your's as you don't have the cat in the up pipe like his DID...:whistlin:

It's amazing the difference...

Wait, Wait!!.......

Didn't you just get an obsolete Isuzu??
Rodeo.jpg

:hmmm:........................................

just kidding :biglaugh:.
maybe...

That was just a left over joke from last nights chat sesssion.

But if you're willing to play, let the game begin.

So if my Isuzu is obsolete....then what is the vmax??
Last time I checked, they quit making them in 07....
we all still love them don't we.

But a lash out like that, coming from a guy that owns a Studebaker???...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Just kidding................for real. Muah, ha, ha, ha!

Looks like a fag car for sure...........:whistlin:

First, Looks sweet 4G. Second, just sold my 92 5.0 last saturday cause it won't pass CA emissions and it only gets 13 miles to the gallon on a non pedal to the medal tank.
Now for the "Gay Car" part. Looking at the Mini Cooper S w/John Cooper Works upgrade (08 has a new turbo kit that produces a Constant 205hp from 1600-5500RPMs at the tire. I think the 06 still has the supercharger which aint bad either. If I were to get one it would be as below but Astro Black and without any of the gay mirrors or other british stuff.
I like small dogs too. What!!?:double angry bird:

Attachments

• MiniCooper.jpg
    MiniCooper.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back