Ordered my new ride...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't want this to come off bragging as it is ONLY a Pontiac but I have been studying this one for several months and decided to pull the trigger...:eusa_dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO6ER2K65sE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf30j8pYplM

It's the new Pontiac G8 GT and this thing is getting rave reviews from everyone! :banana:

362BHP at the crank and 385Lbft. 0-60 5.3 with a 13.8 in the quarter. 6.0 liter L76 with a manumatic 6 speed with rev matching down shifts. It weighs in at 3995 stock which I should be able to drop by 10-15 pounds... Big whoop right?

I plan on a Cold air intake, Cat back exhaust, and a remap... Should be good for about 400BHP at the crank...
wink.gif

Hey Congratulations.

You are now the proud owner of one of Australia's finest sports Coupes.

The Pontiac GT / GTO is/ has been designed and manufactured by the General at the Holden plant in Melbourne Australia for the last three years.:clapping:

The body styling is slightly altered for the US Market and motors are built and installed in the USA.

Here's the 60th Anniversary Model new release. Check it out. http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden

It's an awesome ride. You'll love it.:thumbs up:

Attachments

• coupe 60th Anniversary Model.jpg
    coupe 60th Anniversary Model.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
That was just a left over joke from last nights chat sesssion.

But if you're willing to play, let the game begin.

So if my Isuzu is obsolete....then what is the vmax??
Last time I checked, they quit making them in 07....
we all still love them don't we.

But a lash out like that, coming from a guy that owns a Studebaker???...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Just kidding................for real. Muah, ha, ha, ha!

Yeah , I was pretty sure there was a inside joke there that I was missing. Just messin' with you. :cheers:

I knew full well that the Studebaker comment would be on its way, been dealing with,and defending the Avanti's honor for 20 years now. :smileystooges:
Since the Vmax is the newest vehicle I own it is pretty safe to say that all of mine are obsolete. (but I prefer classic)

Hey Congratulations.

You are now the proud owner of one of Australia's finest sports Coupes.

The Pontiac GT / GTO is/ has been designed and manufactured by the General at the Holden plant in Melbourne Australia for the last three years.:clapping:

The body styling is slightly altered for the US Market and motors are built and installed in the USA.

Here's the 60th Anniversary Model new release. Check it out. http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden

It's an awesome ride. You'll love it.:thumbs up:

Actually the motor is installed down under. The car is complete when it hits our docks. :thumbs up: I have pics of the assembly line so I am sure of this one... I knew buying a car that had been out for a while down under was a good thing. I can't wait. Rev matching down shifts with a full exhaust will be the cats ass... The bee's knees...:banana::banana:

Well I just learned something. Didn't know the motors went in here as well. (I'm not really a car person. I just think it's kind of cool that we build some good kit in Oz.).

Well I just learned something. Didn't know the motors went in here as well. (I'm not really a car person. I just think it's kind of cool that we build some good kit in Oz.).

While I think its total B.S. that Oz builds a better "American" car then we can, I am more than happy to buy one. If it weren't for the Mustang and the F series trucks Ford would have died years ago. Ya'll have the Falcon which is freakin awesome. We have a front drive Taurus that just plain sucks! I am a Ford guy but they make nothing that I like. The mustang is nice but its a two door and I need a 4 door. Ugh... Now... They're coming out with a new twin turbo V6 in the next year that is rated at over 300bhp. Bout time!

While I think its total B.S. that Oz builds a better "American" car then we can, I am more than happy to buy one. If it weren't for the Mustang and the F series trucks Ford would have died years ago. Ya'll have the Falcon which is freakin awesome. We have a front drive Taurus that just plain sucks! I am a Ford guy but they make nothing that I like. The mustang is nice but its a two door and I need a 4 door. Ugh... Now... They're coming out with a new twin turbo V6 in the next year that is rated at over 300bhp. Bout time!

I don't think anyone suggested "While I think its total B.S. that Oz builds a better "American" car then we can". :confused2:

This little beast, the 'EFIJY' comes from the same Oz design and manufacturing team.

The car that inspired it was one of the first GM cars totally built here, The FJ Holden. The Chev design influence is obvious.

You may also have caught this one at the 07 Detroit Auto Show?

This is NOT a better American car.
It's another better Australian Car and I'm glad you appreciate the work. :cheers:

Attachments

• efijy3.jpg
    efijy3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 8
  • efijy4.jpg
    efijy4.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 8
  • FJ.jpg
    FJ.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I don't think anyone suggested "While I think its total B.S. that Oz builds a better "American" car then we can". :confused2:

This little beast, the 'EFIJY' comes from the same Oz design and manufacturing team.

The car that inspired it was one of the first GM cars totally built here, The FJ Holden. The Chev design influence is obvious.

You may also have caught this one at the 07 Detroit Auto Show?

This is NOT a better American car.
It's another better Australian Car and I'm glad you appreciate the work. :cheers:

Hey Gleno... I was just voicing my disgust towards GM America's design dept. Although GM has made some awesome strides and the new cars they have coming out like the Malibu, CTS and others ARE truly the best they've ever produced. Thank you Mr. Lutz!:banana:

Hey Gleno... I was just voicing my disgust towards GM America's design dept. Although GM has made some awesome strides and the new cars they have coming out like the Malibu, CTS and others ARE truly the best they've ever produced. Thank you Mr. Lutz!:banana:

:hmmm: I reckon it must be really frustrating for the designers in any dept if the bean counters won't let them have the scope to express good design.

:hmmm: I reckon it must be really frustrating for the designers in any dept if the bean counters won't let them have the scope to express good design.

Or let them build what the public wants.

:hmmm:hmmmmm could it be SATA... *cough, THE NEW VMAX?

I believe the LSx series engines are GM America regardless where they're installed FWIW.

Love the Holden brand and Aussie Ford stuff.

Back