Noobie Here

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxedout

Reaction score
Just bought an 07 with zero miles.
I don't plan on making any purchasing moves w/o consulting all of the obvious experts here.

1.Most comfortable seat and where to buy online?

2.Best awy to max out handling performance?

3.Best online store for aftermarket stuff?

Thx in advance

Welcome!

Well there isn't ONE store that does it all...

Go to the vendors section and look at the good and bad vendor feedback. Then go to the VMF links page (see my sig) and check out all the vendors we have setup there.

Bill at Wild Bros. is a great guy to deal with.
Sean Morley has a limited site but he's a great guy to deal with. His site is on the top right of all the pages. [email protected] is his email.

Good luck and check out the garage for pics of our rides.

4gasem is right.
You'll need to do shopping around when you buy something.
It's mind boggling sometimes as to what you can get and where you can get it from.
That's why this forum rocks! You can get opinions and see pictures.

I would recommend going to a couple of rides and meets with other Vmax owners before you decide to buy something. That way you can see an actual mod in person and talk to the person that did it.
Seats especially. Some guys like the Corbin, others like Morley's or SportMax's.
So it's all in your butt and what look you like.
Take some time to look through the garage and check out all the different things you can do to a VMax. And don't be afraid to ask questions.
We all Love our VMax and don't mind sharing our thoughts and opinions.
But when It's all said and done, it's your Max and you have the freedom to do what YOU want to do with it.

Great answers guys!
Keep em coming if you have the time and inclination!

Another good thing to do is brouse the "garage." You can see a variety of Vmaxes in various states of modification. You'll be able to see drag bars, aftermarket seats, and other goodies mounted on the bikes, so you can get a good idea what yours can/will look like.

To max out the handling capabilities you'd want after market rims so you could run radial tires, Race Tech springs ( and maybe emulators) for the front suspension, Works shocks for the back and solid motor mounts and/or frame brace. This maxes out the handling capabilities AND your wallet! LOL. :thumbs up: And welcome to the forum!!:cheers:

Welcome to the forum !

You haven't told us what you have had in the past - or how long you have been riding, I assume this is your first Vmax. A word or warning, don't over do trying to ride this bike hard. It will bite you. Get to know it gradually ! It's not a crotch rocket, but it goes like one. It's heavy and it takes a bit of time to stop fast, especially stock. I suggest reading as much as you can, most stuff has been answered at one point but feel free to ask about anything that you can't find. Many will tell ya - it's a great bike, once you know it's limits and making it better is half the fun, if you got the money. :bang head:

I always carry a clean tea spoon with me so i can dig my eyeballs out of the back of my head after 6000rpm:thumbs up:

Back