Wish me luck!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
I'm starting my own small business with another guy. I have a few estimates lined up this week, and hope to get work rolling in ASAP of course.
We are starting our own construction biz, basically an anything goes sort of thing, but mainly remodels, additions, decks, out buildings/garages and things of that sort. Hope it all goes well, I'm tired of working to make somebody else money, I want to work for me. :punk:

I'm starting my own small business with another guy. I have a few estimates lined up this week, and hope to get work rolling in ASAP of course.
We are starting our own construction biz, basically an anything goes sort of thing, but mainly remodels, additions, decks, out buildings/garages and things of that sort. Hope it all goes well, I'm tired of working to make somebody else money, I want to work for me. :punk:

Good luck! I hope the other guy isn't a friend! Won't be for long if he is now... lol

Good luck!:thumbs up:

Good luck! It takes some balls to do that.The feast or famine thing scares me too much to try.

You have to have alot respect for a guy that has the balls to throw it all out there and do the entrepreneurial thing

Good luck and to many years of success!!

Mike

Go do it Q-Horse. I love being a school teacher, but I used to be a self-employed electician. I made way more money, had tons less stress, and had some control about how many hours a week I worked. Do it man, but partnerships rarely work out. so be cautious there.

I started my own business right out of high school 22 years ago. I don't think i could ever go back to making someone else money. It definitely has it's ups and downs just like anything, but their are a lot more ups than downs. I Hope everything works out for you, and your only regret is that you should have done it sooner...

Good Luck:thumbs up:

good luck been self employed in plastering for 25 years...wish you the best

Good Luck QH,
If you are smart and plan and budget well, you'll do great.
Remember good customer service and quality workmanship go along way for bringing in more business.
I myself am going to be taking over my father's trucking business come July. So I'm looking forward to telling "the man" I'm outta here!

It's good to be "the man".

:punk:

Thanks 82nd. Your are correct. Being an automotive parts store manager for the majority of my somewhat short working career, I'm all too familiar with customer service, and how important it really is.

Good luck with your endevors too!

Heres a little tidbit.

After I quit being a draftsman, I took a year off to re-evaluate what the hell I was going to do.

During that year I opened a paintball shop, renting , repairing and selling gear and accys'.

Now here's the good part. I put the name of my business on the side of my truck, and parked it at play sites and job expo's, the taxman gave me a good % of a write off cause it was advertising.

I would say about 50% of my business came from ppl seeing the website and the phone number on it.

Your going to customize your max, I figure what the hell. its worth a look see.

After all I don't see the difference between that and the miller welding, Intel, Snap on tools, ..etc bikes that OCC has built for thier companies advertising.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but I think I got to write off over 40%

Back