My first complete custom build!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles Long

Reaction score
Hey, everyone's got to start somewhere.

Put this together for a friend.
The price of the engine kit is hard to believe - $210.00 delivered to his door. Included 66 c.c., 2.6hp engine, exhaust, CDI ignition, extra spark plug, even a puller in case the flywheel has to be changed out. Lots of options available, such as chrome engine covers and dual exhaust systems.
The bike he choose is a '90's vintage BMX style from Zellers Dept. store (check out that rear wheel and tire!). This is what made the "build" interesting - the kit was intended for a full size frame bicycle with regular size wheels.
Consequently, the engine had to be offset 30 cm to the left to line up with the wider rear sprocket, new motor mounts had to be fabbed to fit the larger frame tubes, and the exhaust had to be fabricated to channel to the right hand side(normally it would just point straight down, but in this case would not have cleared the bicycle crank pedals)
A fun project for the winter months, but the real fun will be when my Bud takes his new ride down to his local Timmie's to meet up with his friends - they are all hard-core Harley folks! My friend intends to dress up in full HD leather gear (he has more invested in clothing than I do in my entire bike)
Should be a great photo-op.
Cheers!

Attachments

• engine kit.jpg
    engine kit.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Keith's chopper 008.jpg
    Keith's chopper 008.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Keith's chopper 002.jpg
    Keith's chopper 002.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 103
  • Keith's chopper 003.jpg
    Keith's chopper 003.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Keith's chopper 004.jpg
    Keith's chopper 004.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 117
  • Keith's chopper 005.jpg
    Keith's chopper 005.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 119
Cheap transportation! Looks like it was fun, a good job, Miles.

I do see what I suspect is a typo: "30 cm to the left?" That's a foot! You meant 'mm,' I suspect, which is ~1.2 inches.

Pop Quiz: Would you rather drink 355 ml of Guiness, or 355 cc?:ummm:

Great job, That thing is killer!!!

That's it. I'm ordering one for the kawasaki!! Yes that is a carbtune on the kawi.:rofl_200:
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• SANY3840.jpg
    SANY3840.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 41
  • SANY3841.jpg
    SANY3841.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 51
Cheap transportation! Looks like it was fun, a good job, Miles.

I do see what I suspect is a typo: "30 cm to the left?" That's a foot! You meant 'mm,' I suspect, which is ~1.2 inches.

Pop Quiz: Would you rather drink 355 ml of Guiness, or 355 cc?:ummm:

Good job miles.....it does look like its very fun.

LOL......I know the answer.....

wow that's so cool, if you can do a video like very much to see you riding. nice job.

FM - typo fer sur. 30 mm. offset. I gotta remember to wear a mask when spray-painting!
Jamie- he hasn't even SEEN it yet! But he does want to try it out this weekend, providing we can equip it with tirechains.
Blax - Your style bike is what the engine and mounts (a selection of different diameters is included with the kit) was intended for. The instructions mention installing in a "v-frame bicycle, with a 70 degree included angle at the tubes"
Brian - The owner rides an Ultraglide, tours every summer, and jokes that he wants cheap transportation he can take with him, for making food and beer runs to the convenience store (must be the m.c. equivalent of a Winnebago towing a small car?) I suspect he will want me to hinge the bike in the middle next. Why don't I ride with him, you ask? Because his group do 800 mile days, only stopping for gas, taking no pics. :ummm:As you know, that ain't my style!
Cheers!

There are a number of folding bikes. Schwinn made one, the "Montague." I have one, among a collection of other human-powered bikes.
1991BiFrameandSpecs.jpg
images

Adapting one of those to a gas-powered system would take a bit of ingenuity. You see it's a small package, and uses the traditional double-diamond frame, one of the simplest, cheapest, and most-efficient methods of transportation.

Miles, what should I pour for you? (how-much, ml or cc?)
images

Or, do you desire "both?"

Miles, what should I pour for you? (how-much, ml or cc?)
images

Or, do you desire "both?"[/QUOTE]

I think I remember that view, from a beer garden in Munich.
I'll take 'both". Looks like they should be measured in cubic meters!

Well just wanted to add to this thread....lol

Attachments

• epic-boobs-and-epic-stare-boobs-stare-girl-demotivational-poster-1265664594.jpg
    epic-boobs-and-epic-stare-boobs-stare-girl-demotivational-poster-1265664594.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 27
  • personality-epic-boobs-tits-cleavage-hottie-sexy-babe-naughty-demotivational-poster-1273500299.jpg
    personality-epic-boobs-tits-cleavage-hottie-sexy-babe-naughty-demotivational-poster-1273500299.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 25
  • truely-epic-boobs-demotivational-poster-1221392471.jpg
    truely-epic-boobs-demotivational-poster-1221392471.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back