i. YETI COOLER

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
i. I BOUGHT A " YETI " COOLER SATURDAY , ITS A TUNDRA 125 , 30.3 Gallons .
It's normally is $599.00 , but I went to an expo that they had been advertising on TV & radio for a week , up to 40% off on YETI coolers , I know it wasn't 40% off but I got it for $450.00 .
Me and my son go to a lot of multi-day Drag Races down here in Florida and keep a cooler full of food and Gatorade in the truck .
Every night on the way to the Hotel we have to stop and get Ice so the stuff in the cooler stays cold for the next day because all the Ice is melted !
It's a PAIN IN THE ASS !
So I will let you guys know if this YETI cooler is any better then my old IGLOO cooler , and if it warrents the price !

Do any of you guys have YETI COOLERS ?

And are they with the PRICE TAG ?

I have one. It is marginally better than an Igloo cooler of comparable size. It doesn't keep ice anywhere near as long as they say. The hinges are much nicer and are sturdy.

The real down side is that they are way more likely to be stolen. God I hate thieves.

We do a few camping trips with extended family and friends each year. There are a couple Yetis in the group. They are well built and they do hold ice longer.

Are they worth it? Everyone will have differing opinions. For us, a yeti is a waste of money as a beer cooler. We go thru multiple cases in a day. The cooler is opened quite often and ice melts fast no matter how much is spent on a cooler.

They work well for us with food since they aren't opened often.

Personally, I would never consider buying one with my own money. But then again, I'm pretty cheap. I use old coolers with broken hinges and bungee cords to hold the lids on

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have one. It is marginally better than an Igloo cooler of comparable size. It doesn't keep ice anywhere near as long as they say. The hinges are much nicer and are sturdy.

The real down side is that they are way more likely to be stolen. God I hate thieves.

That's the first thing I said to my wife when we left the place with the new cooler , I said now I'll have to cover it in the back of the truck or some MOTHERFUCKER WILL STEAL IT !
I FUCKING HATE LYERS AND THIEVES !

We do a few camping trips with extended family and friends each year. There are a couple Yetis in the group. They are well built and they do hold ice longer.

Are they worth it? Everyone will have differing opinions. For us, a yeti is a waste of money as a beer cooler. We go thru multiple cases in a day. The cooler is opened quite often and ice melts fast no matter how much is spent on a cooler.

They work well for us with food since they aren't opened often.

Personally, I would never consider buying one with my own money. But then again, I'm pretty cheap. I use old coolers with broken hinges and bungee cords to hold the lids on

They are VERY POPULAR down here in FLORIDA , so I figured I'd find out for myself if they're worth it and share it with you guy's .
No matter , good or bad that is stupid money for a cooler !

That's funny about the broken hinges and bungee cords ! " LOL "" LOL "" LOL "

They are VERY POPULAR down here in FLORIDA , so I figured I'd find out for myself if they're worth it and share it with you guy's .
No matter , good or bad that is stupid money for a cooler !

That's funny about the broken hinges and bungee cords ! " LOL "" LOL "" LOL "

Very popular around here too. I put a ton of miles on for work. Last Saturday, I was a few hrs from home going to a site out in the middle of nowhere. I see a lawn equipment dealer with a few units sitting in their lot and a HUGE sign. AUTHORIZED YETI DEALER. Seems the coolers were more important than the equipment :biglaugh:

There weren't many houses around. The ones I did see looked more like shacks than anything. I was kind of surprised to think the locale would be interested in a $500 cooler.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll like it. They are a very well made item compared to a "normal" cooler. Just don't expect it to perform miracles if you're opening it every 5 minutes for a beer.

Yeti is decent stuff, but vastly overpriced. There's a slew of "knockoffs" that in my experience perform just as good or better for about half the money. I have a little K2 cooler that cost less than half what an equivalent Yeti does and have been very satisfied with the quality. Also got a RTIC brand tumbler at Buc-ee's for $15, compared to $60 for a Yeti one. The drink is long gone before the ice melts, and it's been dropped and tossed around quite a bit and still looks pretty much new, so quality seems pretty nice for a knockoff.

Is that story about the RTIC and YETI brands true? Or just an urban legend?
What story?

As far as Ryan's comments about knock offs, I can attest to awesomeness of of my Ozark tumbler.

I can fill it with ice water at 6AM and it's still cold enough to hurt my teeth in the afternoon.

I've heard some stories that it was a husband and wife who started YETI, and then they ended up divorcing.

So the wife started RTIC

I've never heard anything to that effect. Being in Austin (the HQ of Yeti) there's a surprising amount of cooler chatter and "ford vs chevy" BSing about RTIC vs YETI.

Yeti started in the mid-2000s by two brothers, while RTIC is only a couple years old and based out of Houston, but manufactures overseas- that cost savings comes from somewhere.

Yeti sued Rtic almost immediately for patent infringement. They ended up settling in Yeti's favor, Rtic supposedly re-designed their products and paid off Yeti.

Pretty much every test I've seen between the two favors RTIC as holding ice better, the cooler itself weighing a little less, and of course being 50-60% of the price.

I've never heard anything to that effect. Being in Austin (the HQ of Yeti) there's a surprising amount of cooler chatter and "ford vs chevy" BSing about RTIC vs YETI.

Yeti started in the mid-2000s by two brothers, while RTIC is only a couple years old and based out of Houston, but manufactures overseas- that cost savings comes from somewhere.

Yeti sued Rtic almost immediately for patent infringement. They ended up settling in Yeti's favor, Rtic supposedly re-designed their products and paid off Yeti.

Pretty much every test I've seen between the two favors RTIC as holding ice better, the cooler itself weighing a little less, and of course being 50-60% of the price.

Been in Florida for 6 years now and never once heard of RTIC Coolers , Everyone down here has YETI'S , that's pretty weird !
If you go to YETI & RTIC websites the Coolers & websites themselves are almost Identical !
Go on both websites and look at all of the parts and accessories , they are IDENTICAL !
NO FUCKING WAY THE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES ARE NOT MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY !
Even all of the wording is IDENTICAL !

Might be some truth about the divorce story !

I've heard some stories that it was a husband and wife who started YETI, and then they ended up divorcing.

So the wife started RTIC

If you go to both websites , the Coolers and website designs are dam near Identical , so there may be some truth to this !

If you read the comparisons , they have more ice in the RTIC Coolers during the tests so of corse the "ICE LIFE " as they call it is a little longer , but after looking at the RTIC Coolers , the biggest one they make is a 65 !
I wonder why ?
So I couldn't of bought one of them if I wanted to , a 65 is smaller then my old Igloo cooler !
I would of had to by two of the #65's

Registered my new YETI for the warranty yesterday and ordered another food basket , figured at a four day race with the extra food we bring I may need it .

Also surfing the web about Coolers , I found a thread by a group of Kyakers that say if you are leaving your cooler in a Hot truck , keep your Cooler in a
Sleeping-bag , it insulates the cooler from the extreme heat buildup !

I am going to do this for sure , I figure I can kill two birds with one stone by doing so , this way it will also be Hidden , so maybe it will keep Some SCUMBAG from STEELING IT !

maybe it will keep Some SCUMBAG from STEELING IT !

That's more of the issue. I hear about people's Yeti's getting stolen all the time, usually lifted out of truck beds. Pawn shops around here are effing loaded with the things. Oh, here comes a bum with a $500 cooler, nothing suspicious about that at all.

That's more of the issue. I hear about people's Yeti's getting stolen all the time, usually lifted out of truck beds. Pawn shops around here are effing loaded with the things. Oh, here comes a bum with a $500 cooler, nothing suspicious about that at all.

I know , FUCKING CRAZY , NOW I GET A DECENT COOLER , NOW I HAVE TO HOPE SOME " MOTHERFUCKER " DOESN'T STEAL IT ?

WHAT THE FUCK , ITS FUCKINF BULLSHIT !

Latest posts

Back