My best friend.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Last night my little dog Ricky died. We took him out for a walk, he seemed fine. When he went to jump up on my bed, he collapsed and was gone within seconds. Rick was a little firecracker of a dog, who loved everyone. He was 13 years old, and until recently, didn't look it or act it. I knew he was old, but couldn't bring myself to believe he was ever going to die..

I loved him more than any creature on Earth. When Kathy and I were separated, Ricky spent every minute by my side. Caring for him, hanging out with him, just knowing he loved me, kept me going through a dark time.

We buried him in the yard. This was his home, and this is where he will stay. With us.

I pray to God that He will allow us to meet again in wherever we go after we die.

I am heartbroken. Rest in peace, my friend.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 49
Sorry for your loss.
I guess if anything, it was quick and he didn't suffer.
Dogs ARE mans best friend. Unconditional love.
We have a 12yr old pug so I'm "trying" prepare myself but I know it's still going to suck.
Try and keep your chin up

Sorry to hear Bill.

Rest in peace Ricky.

So sorry for your loss Bill. I know the feeling.
Know that he was loved and he gave love in return,, what more can anyone ask for?

I've come to realize this..
If they were immortal, we would not cherish the time we have with them.

Take care brother.

Bill, really sorry about Ricky. Dogs are often the best parts of a family, few humans can match the love and unconditional loyalty dolled out innately by our K9 friends. Best friends without any doubt at all. My condolences.

Sorry dude. I don't get the same sentimental attachment to animals that most do but I do understand.

He was lucky to have you as an owner. Having lost pet before I know how much it hurts. RIP

My sincerest condolences Bill. Sometimes I feel we aren't worthy of dogs. They're one of the few animals on this planet who love their owners more than they love themselves. When I went through my divorce back in 2007, my chocolate lab kept me sane. No amount psychiatric therapy is as effective as that unconditional love.

Bill, so sorry to see this! Hang in there the best you can!

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to see this, Bill. It's just the worst. I lost mine last September - in about the same way. I just got a new little pup, and it helps - but nothing fills that void totally. Take care.

Bill , Sorry for your loss , no words I can say will make it better but he will always be with you in your memories !

It’s always sad to lose a family member !

Sometimes our pets are our closest members !

He has been gone almost a month now, it's not getting any easier. He kept me sane during a,very hard time a couple years ago.

I need another dog. But no pooch could replace Ricky.

Bill, yes you do. It will help as it helped me. Don’t look at a new dog as a replacement. Treat it like its own animal. Imo.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G`day Bill from Australia....

Dogs all have there own individual Characters, just like us.....

Sadly none of us are going to live forever, like someone said before glad he didn`t suffer when he passed.....

There will be a good dog/puppy out there somewhere just absolutely busting for a fresh start.... a new home and a new owner to care for them is a rare treasure and a gift for both of you that only you can make come true.....

Just got to get out there and find them.... Companionship will be good for the both of you....

Very Best Wishes and Good Luck with your Search..... :thumbs up:

There is a little patch of tall grass at the edge of our yard where Ricky loved to hang out and graze. He'd chew a couple of the grass leaves, then continue on his walk. That's where he's buried. While the feeling of loss persists, I'm getting used to the "new normal" of him being gone. I can't say that I like it, though.. I discovered that Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (which Rick was, along with Papillon) had serious heart valve problems, and were 20 times more likely to heart attack than other breeds. He went really quickly, and maybe 13 years was a long lifespan for him. The way he went was definitely easier for him than suffering and lingering. Having to take him to the vet for the last ride would have been traumatic for all of us. He hated going there...

The house is too quiet. Our son is leaving home this weekend to move into an apartment near the UB Medical School campus in Downtown Buffalo. That will make it even quieter here. We've all discussed this at length, and made the decision to adopt a rescued dog. We've got our eye on a Border Collie/Shepard mix puppy, named Jessey. The adoption application is submitted, and we hope to hear from the folks within the week. Hopefully after a meet and greet with the puppy, we will be bringing him home.

Pictures will be posted if it works out.

Good luck! It doesn't take the pain away but it sure helps. I picked up this little monster in June. Hes quickly becoming my new best fishing buddy. Meet Newton. He doesn't take Einsteins place...but I see a little glimmer of the spirit of my old best friend in him here and there.
f3d36d24d2459892c61c1aa34142668f.jpg
d7d9d14a2b6ed130c3bef232b4001945.jpg
819e52216d0b2ac3eb3061fcc72b8660.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back